After Teeth Whitening
After you have whitened your teeth using a product like our CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit, it’s important that you try to avoid foods that can stain your teeth again right away. There are some things you may consume regularly, like coffee or tea, that can counteract your teeth whitening efforts. However, there are other foods and beverages you can avoid.
The compounds to stay away from include chromogens, tannins, and acids. This means avoiding wine, fizzy drinks, fruit juices, and dark ingredients like soy sauce and tomato sauce. Also included in these categories are curry, sweets and chocolate, and tobacco. Tobacco is a major cause of teeth discoloration and should be avoided for your health and your teeth. If you do use tobacco, try to at least avoid it for 48 hours after your teeth whitening is completed.
There are other foods, generally called the “white diet”, that do not contribute to the staining of your teeth. These foods are mostly white in color, but also do not contain tannins, acids, or chromogens. Continue reading to learn more about these foods that you can freely eat after teeth whitening without consequence.
Best Foods to Eat After Teeth Whitening
- Chicken and turkey. These are light in color, free of acid, and healthy to eat. They are the best meats to eat after teeth whitening and to avoid re-staining your teeth.
- Fish. White fish like albacore and orange roughy are the best fish to eat, but after whitening your teeth, avoid adding lemon as it is acidic.
- Tofu. Tofu is a healthy alternative protein that can be used if you don’t eat meat (or if you just like tofu). It comes in a variety of textures, so you can find one that meets your tastes.
- Rice. This side dish pairs well with the meats and fish above.
- Pasta. Pasta is fine, but try to avoid sauces like tomato sauce and pesto.
- Onions. White onions are best, but red onions contain very little coloring as well.
- Bananas. A great snack full of potassium that won’t discolor your teeth.
- Yogurt. Try to choose yogurt that doesn’t have chunks of acidic fruit (blueberries, for example)
- Potatoes. Potatoes are white and have low to no acidic content, so they are excellent to eat after whitening your teeth.
- Egg whites. The yolk can stain your teeth right after whitening, so skip these for a few days at least.
- Cheese. Especially white cheeses, but remember to curtail the wine.
- Bread. White bread is fine, but even some whole wheat breads that are not too dark can be eaten after whitening your teeth.
How can the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit help whiten my teeth?
When you order the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit, it comes to you with everything you need to whiten your teeth. If you need teeth whitening for sensitive teeth, we’ve got you covered. The first thing you will do is mold the two teeth whitening trays to your teeth in just about two minutes. We’ll include directions on how to do so. There are two main reasons why our custom-fit teeth whitening trays are the best way to whiten your teeth. First, it keeps the teeth whitening solution on your teeth and not on the sensitive soft tissues of your gums or lips. Second, it reduces the amount of solution you need to just enough to cover your teeth and no more, wasting none.
Once you have your trays fit to your teeth, you can choose which solution to use. If you have sensitive teeth, you will want to use the teeth whitening foam, which has an 8% solution of carbamide peroxide. It’s strong enough to vividly whiten your teeth, while being gentle enough to prevent discomfort. You can use the foam up to five times a day, or you can use it overnight if you don’t want to take time out of your schedule. The teeth whitening gel included in the kit has a 22% solution of carbamide peroxide, and you can use it for just 20-30 minutes a day.
If you’re having orthodontic work done, the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is perfect for teeth whitening with braces. You can mold the trays to fit your braces and when your bite changes, you can remold the trays as many times as you need until the braces come off. Furthermore, you can avoid having two-toned teeth when the braces are removed.
Where can I get my own CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit?
If you’re looking for an affordable teeth whitening kit that has been developed for your busy schedule and specific teeth-whitening needs, the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is your solution. Order the best teeth whitening kit online today and see how CustMbite can make all the difference!
Faster and easier to use than whitening strips
CustMbite Smile Kits provide a radiant smile for everyone. Our whitening trays, made from our patented Vistamaxx material, provides a comfortable and secure fit while our gel and foam give you a brighter, cleaner, and more radiant smile.