A Smile Can Go A Long Way
If you’re a server in a restaurant, you probably rely on tips as a significant portion of your income. It makes sense, therefore, to do anything you can to increase the amount of money you earn. The old adage “A smile can go a long way” is true for servers looking to raise their tips. Guests like a server who is friendly, has a bright smile for them, and is interested in them rather than one who is obviously just going through the motions.
And if you want to impress your guests with your smile, it should be as white as possible. Studies show that people are more attracted to people with bright, white smiles. People see those with nice smiles as more friendly, approachable, and easy to get along with. If you’re looking to get a whiter smile to help you earn better tips, our CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is made for you. It’s an easy-to-use at-home teeth whitening kit that can help you put your best smile on.
Tips For Getting Better Tips
- Introduce Yourself. By sharing your name with your guests, you create a connection. Connections to your guests lead to larger tips.
- Call Guests by Name. If you find out their name before the bill is paid, great. If not, learn their name from their credit card and return it with a friendly, “Thank you, Ms. Miller.”
- Dress Uniquely. You probably wear a certain uniform that all employees must wear, but do what you can to personalize it. Wear a colorful scarf as a belt, wear flowers in your hair, or wear a pin that’s appropriately funny.
- Personalize the Bill. One study showed that writing “Thank You!” can increase your tips, and another indicated that drawing a picture of a smiley face or a sun can also help. Go ahead and combine the two and see what happens.
- Predict the Weather. This was also studied, and it increased gratuities by more than 17 percent. Try writing something along the lines of, “The weather is supposed to be great tomorrow. I hope you have a fabulous day.”
- Give Gifts. Including a small piece of candy increases tips, and when a second piece of candy was spontaneously given, it increased tips even more. But you may not be limited to candy. You may have flexibility to comp guests a free menu item or a free drink. See your manager about what you can offer, and do so when you can.
- Entertain Guests. This one requires you to be able to read your guests. In one study, servers who gave guests a card with a joke on it received tips that were 50 percent higher than those who did not. Another option is one of those little wooden or metal puzzles that require a little work to solve. Be sure not to be intrusive when offering entertainment and you could reap the rewards in better tips.
- Offer Personalized Service. While these specific hints are proven to work in general, read your guests. Some want to be checked on frequently and involved in a small bit of chatting. Some want to be left alone unless they request attention. Most fall in between. By being able to read your guests, you could improve your tips.
- Increase the Bill. By upselling to increase the size of the bill, you can increase the size of your tip.
- Cut Your Turn Times. If upselling to your tables isn’t working, do what you can to get guests to wrap up their meal so new guests can take their seat. You can do this by getting their bill to them promptly and watching closely to see when they have set the check presenter on the side of the table and processing it as quickly as possible.
- Smile. One study shows that smiling sincerely with your guests can double your tips.
How can the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit help me whiten my smile?
The CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit has everything you need to smile your way to bigger tips. There are two whitening trays, which you can quickly and easily customize to your teeth as soon as you receive your kit. You can choose from the teeth whitening gel or teeth whitening foam. The gel has a stronger concentration of the teeth whitening chemicals, so you can whiten your teeth in just 5-20 minutes a day. If you need teeth whitening for sensitive teeth, the foam is the answer. It is gentler so you can even whiten your teeth overnight.
Where can I get my own CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit?
If you’re interested in affordable teeth whitening, the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is for you. Where in-office teeth whitening can cost over $1,000 and a take-home kit from the dentist can cost hundreds of dollars, our smile whitening kit is a fraction of the cost. At $30 for the original kit and just $15 for refills, you can afford to have a brighter, whiter smile. You can earn better tips with a white smile and some of the suggestions above. Order the best teeth whitening kit today!
Faster and easier to use than whitening strips
CustMbite Smile Kits provide a radiant smile for everyone. Our whitening trays, made from our patented Vistamaxx material, provides a comfortable and secure fit while our gel and foam give you a brighter, cleaner, and more radiant smile.