At-home teeth whitening without the pain
Do you love the look of white teeth, but hate the pain, expense and inconvenience that sometimes accompanies it? For many people, using whitening products leads to dull aches, throbbing and mild but incessant discomfort, not to mention hundreds of dollars wasted on products that do not work, or are uncomfortable to use. For others with more sensitive teeth, they get a stabbing tooth pain that is so intense it may make them swear off at-home whitening products forever, relying on expensive whitening treatments from their dentist’s office.
Why does teeth whitening hurt so much?
The main ingredient in most whitening products is hydrogen peroxide. This powerful chemical bleaches your teeth but in high concentrations can cause serious discomfort and pain when it hits the nerves and exposed roots of your teeth. Today, many whitening products contain peroxide concentrations of over 20%, which is not comfortable for people with sensitive teeth. Conversely, some lower concentration formulas do not do an effective job at whitening. Fortunately, CustMbite has formulated products for both regular and sensitive teeth.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
Teeth can get discolored from drinking dark liquids containing chromogens, tannins and acids – like found in coffee, tea, fizzy drinks, fruit juices and red wine. Tobacco is also a major cause of teeth discoloration and should be avoided for your health and your teeth. Additionally, there is a dental condition called Fluorosis that discolors teeth. If you experienced excessive exposure to fluoride when you were young, your teeth may have discoloration in the form of stains that are light yellowish to dark brown. Teeth can also become discolored as we age.
Fortunately, stains from causes such as these are removable with the right teeth whitening product. Picking a product doesn’t need to be difficult though, if you know what you are looking for.
What to look for in a teeth whitening Kit
At CustMbite, we take our teeth whitening products seriously, and want to give you information to make the best choice for you. We feel that there are several elements that make a whitening kit preferable over another: customizable bite trays, the whitening solution itself, and the way you use it.
Customizable bite trays. If you're using a mold from an over-the-counter whitening kit, chances are it's not the most comfortable experience in the world. In fact, uncomfortable trays are one of the leading reasons that people simply can't go through with the whole whitening process.
Instead, the best teeth whitening kits include thin, comfortable whitening trays that can be custom-molded to your unique bite, ensuring that the whitening solution stays where it should be instead of leaking all over your mouth.
Whitening solution. The vast majority of over-the-counter and in-office whitening kits use hydrogen peroxide gel as their active ingredient. It's an effective way to break up stains, but its strength is also its weakness. The vigorous whitening action of hydrogen peroxide produces fast results but can also cause extreme sensitivity because of its rapid action.
If you have sensitive teeth, you need to find a solution whose active ingredient is carbamide peroxide, a gentler, yet just as effective alternative to carbon peroxide. Even better if there are a few carbamide peroxide options for you to choose from, depending on the sensitivity of your teeth.
Frequency. Finally, when selecting a tooth whitening product, pay attention to the texture of the solution along with the concentration of carbamide peroxide. This will determine how long you can expose your teeth to the solution without developing extra sensitivity. Look for an option that's flexible enough for you to fine-tune the amount of time your teeth are exposed to the solution.
Foams are the best type of whitening solution for those with sensitive teeth because it's less concentrated than the gel. Look for a kit that gives you options to whiten throughout the day (or even overnight).
Benefits of teeth whitening
- A Healthier Mouth. Teeth whitening is generally considered a cosmetic process, but it does have real dental health effects. By removing stains before they become cavities, teeth whitening may improve your dental health.
- Boost your self-esteem. Most people base at least some part of their self-worth on how they look. Knowing that you greet every person with a brilliant, white smile can give your confidence a boost and help you feel great about yourself in general.
- People will be more drawn to you. When you meet people, one of the first things they notice about you is your smile. If you have confidence that your smile is its whitest and brightest, you will share it more with new people. This is scientifically proven to help draw in new friends and potential romantic partners.
- You are more likely to score a promotion or new job. Because people are drawn to you (and because you will have more confidence with a whiter smile), you will come across as a more desirable candidate during interviews, whether in person or online.
- People will assume you have good hygiene. No matter how much you brush your teeth, if they are stained and discolored, people will think your hygiene level may not be up to par. With a brighter, whiter smile, people will naturally assume you’re pleasant to be around and will be more interested in interacting with you.
- Teeth whitening distracts from the appearance of small wrinkles. When people look at your face and mouth, their attention is drawn to your brilliant smile. This means that they won’t be focusing on the small wrinkles around your mouth or on other areas of your face.
- Teeth whitening is an affordable option. If you want to improve your appearance and look younger, it’s much more affordable to have your teeth whitened than to, say, undergo cosmetic surgery or Botox treatments.
- Your mental health can benefit from teeth whitening. Feeling bad about yourself because of unattractive teeth can lead to anxiety and depression, or general unhappiness. When your teeth are white, your confidence is elevated and you feel more positive about life in general. It seems like a lot to put on simple teeth whitening, but it’s true!
The CustMbite team understands that whiter teeth can make a difference in you look and feel about yourself.
We've written a lot more topics related to the CustMbite Whitening Kit. You can check them out below:
Sensitive Teeth Information
Teeth Whitening Information
Lifestyle/White Teeth Benefits
Faster and easier to use than whitening strips
CustMbite Smile Kits provide a radiant smile for everyone. Our whitening trays, made from our patented Vistamaxx material, provides a comfortable and secure fit while our gel and foam give you a brighter, cleaner, and more radiant smile.
Your Custom Nightguard
Traditionally, nightguards have been bulky, uncomfortable, hard to mold. Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!