GET NOTICEABLY WHITER TEETH
There are a few things to consider when you’re trying to decide whether to whiten your teeth when you have braces. One is the type of braces you have. If you have the removable plastic, “invisible” type of braces, there’s no problem at all. You can take off the aligner and apply the teeth whitening treatment of your choice.
It gets trickier when you have metal braces with brackets and wires. For example, you wouldn’t want to use teeth whitening strips with this type of braces as the thin plastic material can get stuck in the brackets and cause frustrating problems. Teeth whitening toothpastes can be used, but they are not as effective and long-lasting as some other methods. Some teeth whitening trays may not fit over your braces, so they wouldn’t work very well, either.
One type of treatment that works when you have braces of either type is a tray-based teeth whitening kit like our CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit. Continue reading to learn some interesting facts about braces and to find out how the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is the perfect teeth whitening solution for people with braces.
FUN FACTS ABOUT BRACES
- Braces do more than just straighten your teeth. They can also fix your bite if you have an overbite or underbite. In fixing your bite, braces alleviate problems like difficulty speaking, problems with chewing and swallowing, and breathing issues related to your improperly aligned bite.
- Braces are not a recent invention. A French physician named Pierre Fauchard, who is known as the father of modern dentistry, first made braces in 1728. They were flat pieces of metal connected to the teeth with thread. In 1915, Edward Angle created the brackets that many people with braces still wear today.
- While Dr. Angle used gold to create braces, NASA developed a metal in 1959 that they intended to use on space-bound shuttles. It was heat resistant, and worked great to make thin, flexible wires that would retain their shape after being bent and attached to the wearer’s teeth.
- Ancient Egyptians used a form of braces to straighten their teeth. Archaeologists have found mummies with animal intestines wrapped around their teeth in a method similar to today’s braces in an attempt to straighten their crooked teeth.
- All orthodontists are dentists, but not all dentists are orthodontists. To become an orthodontist, a dentist must spend two to three years in an orthodontic residency program where they learn to specialize in the prevention and treatment of various types of teeth irregularities. Only about six percent of dentists become orthodontists.
- Braces are frequently considered a part of being a teen or tween, but people of all different ages can wear braces. For one, you’re never too old to get your teeth straightened if you weren’t able to as a child. In addition, if you get your child into the orthodontist by the age of seven, they may be able to have less severe orthodontic treatment that ends up preventing them from needing braces when they get older.
- There are a lot of myths about what people with braces can’t do. Rest assured, if you wear braces, you can play sports and musical instruments of all kinds. Your braces won’t set off metal detectors or interfere with radio signals. Braces aren’t magnetic, and they can’t get stuck together if two people with braces kiss each other.
- There are approximately four million people wearing braces in the US right now — you are not even close to alone.
If you want teeth whitening with braces, it’s important that you use a method that won’t irritate your gums. The CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is perfect for this, because you will customize the teeth whitening trays to fit your teeth (and braces) exactly. We developed the trays with the help of dental professionals to be strong enough to fit over braces without tearing, but flexible enough to re-fit to your teeth each time you have your braces adjusted. You only have to buy the full kit once to get the trays, and after that, you only need to buy refills of the teeth whitening gel or foam.
If you need teeth whitening for sensitive teeth, you’ll appreciate the gentler teeth whitening foam that comes with the kit. You can use it up to five times a day, or you could choose to wear them overnight. If that’s not an issue for you, you can use the teeth whitening gel, which is strong enough to use for just 20 minutes a day.
If you have braces, you’re probably concerned about keeping your teeth as white as possible while they are getting as straight as possible. The CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is an affordable teeth whitening solution. Keep whitening your teeth as you straighten them and order the best teeth whitening kit for people with braces today.
For lightning fast results. Whiten your smile in record time with 22% Carbamide Peroxide strength gel.
Trays that mold right to your teeth for a great whitening experience, because every smile is different.
Slow and steady wins the race. The 8% Carbamide Peroxide strength whitening foam can be used on sensitive gums and even while you sleep.
Money Back Guarantee
Not satisfied? Let us know! We'll gladly replace or refund your purchase - no risk to you!