How often does your family take family portraits? Every year? Every time there’s a family reunion? However often, you want to make sure you have the brightest, whitest smile when family portrait time comes around. One of the most effective and affordable ways to do this is to use an over-the-counter teeth whitening kit like our CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit. This safe, easy-to-use, customizable kit is great for any member of the family who has teeth discoloration, from you and your spouse to your parents or grandparents. Continue reading for some great suggestions to keep in mind when taking family portraits.
13 Tips for Taking Great Family Portraits
- Keep a cheat sheet. This is a list of the specific shots you want taken, and whether you are taking the portraits yourself or have a professional photographer, the cheat sheet can guide the flow of the shoot.
- Take many photos. Use a burst setting, or ask your photographer to do so, in an attempt to get at least one shot where everyone has their eyes open and looks like they normally look.
- Take photos in order of difficulty. Start with the whole family, and then any group photos involving children. For single shots, start with the youngest children. Finally, do shots of you and your spouse.
- Schedule your shoot at the best time of day for the youngest people in the family. You can cajole a 10-year-old out of their grumpy time, but a 2-year-old who is missing their nap is not going to give you a good photo.
- Dress in a coordinated, but not overly matching, manner. Decide whether you want muted neutrals, bright colors, or a certain color palette.
- Use a low enough aperture to blur the background of shots done in scenery outside, but high enough that all people in the portrait are in focus. It’s better to give up a fully blurred background in favor of making certain everyone is in focus.
- Feel free to be silly or have fun. If it’s important to you to have one formal pose, take that first. Then have fun and take photos of family members being their natural selves.
- If your family regularly enjoys an activity together, like playing baseball, bowling, or playing with the family pet, incorporate the interest in the family portrait.
- Not all portraits have to involve everyone smiling at the camera. Some of the most striking portraits are those where people are looking at each other, or focusing on one member of the family or even the family dog.
- If you have a professional photographer, make sure everyone feels comfortable with them. Take a few minutes before the official shoot begins to make sure the children are comfortable with the photographer, or at the very least, not afraid of them.
- If you’re taking outdoor photos and it’s possible, make use of the golden hour, which is about an hour before after sunrise and an hour before sunset.
- If you have a professional photographer, listen to them when they suggest poses. They know what they’re doing.
- Not every photo has to have big smiles, but make sure the smiles that are captured are genuine. Find a way to make everyone laugh and show off your bright, white smiles in your family portraits.
How can I get the brightest teeth for my family portrait?
There are many options for teeth whitening, including professional treatments at your dentist’s office or a variety of home whitening solutions. There are teeth whitening pens, strips, toothpastes, and more to consider. We developed the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit with the help of dental professionals to make it a top-tier at-home teeth whitening kit.
The kit comes with two customizable smile whitening trays along with both smile whitening gel and foam. The gel can be used for 5-20 minutes a day, making it easy to whiten your teeth in the morning while you’re getting ready for work or at night before bed. The teeth whitening foam is more gentle and is great at teeth whitening for sensitive teeth. The foam can be used for up to 8 hours a day, and many people use it overnight so it doesn’t take any time out of their schedule.
Where can I get my own CustMbite teeth whitening kit?
If teeth whitening cost is a concern, the CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is perfect for you. The original kit lasts about a month and costs only $30. It’s also easy to wash the teeth whitening trays by simply putting them in the dishwasher. Refills of either the teeth whitening foam or gel only cost $15. If you want to have your brightest smile for your upcoming family portrait, order your own CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit today and you can be confident of putting your best smile forward!
Faster and easier to use than whitening strips
CustMbite Smile Kits provide a radiant smile for everyone. Our whitening trays, made from our patented Vistamaxx material, provides a comfortable and secure fit while our gel and foam give you a brighter, cleaner, and more radiant smile.