smile and comfort in mind
Grinding teeth, also called bruxism, is something that many people do unconsciously, especially while sleeping. If you’re one of those people, you could use a quality bite guard for teeth grinding such as the CustMbite Nightguard. If you don’t treat the problem, you may lose out on the restful sleep that you need to function properly throughout each day.
If you’re not sure if you have bruxism, there are some telltale signs. The most obvious sign would be if you woke yourself or your sleep partner up with the sound of your teeth grinding. There are other symptoms that can indicate you have a problem with bruxism such as increased tooth pain or sensitivity, pain in the jaw, neck, face, or ear that has no other plausible explanation, or frequent dull headaches that feel like they start in the area of your temples. You might also notice that some of your teeth are fractured, chipped, flattened, or even loose. You may notice that one or more teeth have worn tooth enamel where the deeper layers of the tooth are exposed.
If you notice any of these symptoms and there is no other explanation for them (like an ear infection or TMJ disorder), you may be suffering from bruxism. You may want to see a doctor or dentist and they will almost certainly suggest you start using a bite guard when you sleep. Continue reading to learn some of the consequences of losing good sleep to bruxism and to learn why the CustMbite Nightguard is the best bite guard on the market.
CONSEQUENCES OF SLEEP DEPRIVATION
- Sleep loss is a public safety hazard. Did you know that drowsiness can slow your reaction time as much as driving while drunk can? The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that driver fatigue causes around 100,000 car crashes a year and about 1,550 crash-related deaths in the U.S.
- Sleep deprivation causes problems with your cognitive processes in many ways. It impairs your alertness, attention, concentration, problem-solving, and reasoning abilities. Sleep also plays an important role in retaining new memories, so if you have a loss of sleep, you are less likely to remember what you have learned during the day.
- Chronic sleep loss puts you at greater risk for serious health problems like heart disease, heart failure, high blood pressure, and type 2 diabetes.
- Over time, lack of sleep can become a contributing factor to symptoms of depression. People who are diagnosed with depression or anxiety are far more likely than others to sleep less than six hours each night.
- After a bad night of sleep, you may have noticed that you have sallow skin and puffy eyes. After several nights of lost sleep, you can end up with lackluster skin, fine lines, and dark circles under your eyes.
- Sleep loss can also make you susceptible to unhealthy weight gain. This is because chronic sleep loss negatively affects the peptides that regulate your appetite.
Dental experts agree that the best bite guard for teeth grinding is one that is customized to fit your teeth. It must be strong enough to keep your teeth from grinding against each other night after night and flexible enough to be comfortable to wear. The CustMbite Nightguard was designed with the help of dental professionals for your protection and comfort. It is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is known for being strong and yet flexible and comfortable. It does not absorb saliva, water, or bacteria, so it’s easy to clean every morning when you brush your teeth.
When you first receive your CustMbite Nightguard, you will take just two minutes to customize it to fit over your teeth. The material is designed to fit users who have braces just as well as those who do not. If you do have braces, you’ll appreciate the fact that you can remold your bite guard each time your teeth shift and one final time when the braces come off, so you don’t have to cover the expense of a new bite guard each time your current one no longer matches your bite.
The CustMbite Nightguard has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA so you can trust that it is safe and effective. It is free of PVC, latex, BPA, and phthalates for your safety. We are confident that you will love your CustMbite Nightguard, which is why it comes with a money-back guarantee.
Guaranteed to be effective and comfortable, you can’t go wrong with the CustMbite Nightguard. For your convenience, it comes in both regular and petite sizes as well as in your choice of five colors. Order the best bite guard for teeth grinding online today and see how much better your days become after a good night of sleep.
By the way, if snoring is an issue for you or your partner, you can learn about a new product that addresses both grinding teeth and can assist in snoring prevention. Learn more about what causes snoring and how to prevent it.