What Causes Mouth and Jaw Pain at Night?
If you’ve been waking up with pain in your jaw or your mouth, you may be suffering from nighttime bruxism, another word for teeth grinding and clenching. Our CustMbite Nightguard can help to alleviate the pain caused by nighttime bruxism.
There are a few ways to know if bruxism might be your problem. First, mouth and jaw pain is a good sign that you’ve got the disorder. Another sign is if you find yourself grinding or clenching your teeth during the day, especially during stressful situations. If you’re doing it during the day, you’re likely doing it at night too. An additional indicator would be your sleep partner waking up due to the noise made from your teeth grinding. You might even wake yourself from the noise.
Additional signs of bruxism can include worn-down teeth that may become infected if you wear all the way through the enamel. In addition to mouth and jaw pain, you might feel pain in your face, neck, or ear. If you have bad earaches upon waking and there’s no problem with your ear canal, it’s possible you are suffering from nighttime bruxism. A nightguard for mouth protection is a way to address the problem.
Continue reading to learn some relaxing nighttime rituals that can help you mitigate some of the causes of bruxism, especially stress and anxiety.
Night Rituals for Avoiding Jaw and Mouth Discomfort
For starters, having a nighttime ritual itself can help you relax before sleep. A good nighttime ritual should be personalized to fit your needs, but there are some things that are generally considered to be relaxing in general. The following is a list of some of the things you might want to include in your nighttime routine. Your regimen is yours alone—it can take 5-10 minutes, or you can take your time to prepare for sleep. Whatever fits your schedule and lifestyle and works for you is best.
- Stop using screens at least an hour before bedtime. This includes TV, computer, and any devices. The light from screens tells your body it’s time to be awake, so staying away from them for an hour before bedtime can be helpful for getting to sleep.
- Turn down the thermostat. Sleeping in a cool room is conducive to good sleep for most people.
- Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. This isn’t exactly a nighttime ritual, but it can greatly help with your ability to fall asleep when it’s time.
- Read a book. This is one way to keep your mind busy while avoiding screens. Whether you read once you’re all ready for bed so you can doze off naturally or you set aside a certain time to read before preparing for bed, reading can help ready your body for sleep.
- Take a bath or shower in warm water. Being fresh and clean helps many people fall asleep at night. Follow up with a soothingly scented lotion, like lavender, for extra benefits.
- Drink a cup of non-caffeinated herbal tea. There are specific kinds that can lead you gently to sleep, like chamomile. There’s even a type of tea called Sleepy Time!
Whether you choose one or more of these habits or something else that helps relax you, cap off your nightly routine by making your room as dark as possible and as quiet as possible, or use a white noise machine if that helps you sleep better.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard for mouth pain help me sleep?
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed by dental professionals for people like you who have a hard time relaxing at night. If you suffer from jaw and mouth pain from bruxism, you will love our nightguard. First of all, when you receive your nightguard, you will custom-fit it to your teeth. This helps it stay in all night and keeps it in your mouth comfortably.
If you have braces, some types of nightguards may not work well for you. That’s not so with the CustMbite Nightguard. You can mold our nightguard around your braces. Better yet, as your teeth move and your bite changes, you can remold our nightguard to fit your new teeth configuration as many times as you need until the braces come off.
The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is soft and flexible enough to be comfortable in your mouth, yet tough enough to stand up to teeth grinding and clenching without allowing your upper and lower teeth to meet. This can help to prevent damage like tooth wear, chips or breaks, and causing noise that could wake you or your partner during the night.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard?
If you’re looking for an effective and affordable nightguard for mouth discomfort, the CustMbite Nightguard is perfect for you. There’s no risk to you because our product is backed by a satisfaction guarantee. Order the best nightguard for mouth pain online today and see what a difference CustMbite can make!
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.