smile and comfort in mind
BENEFITS OF USING A NIGHTTIME DENTAL GUARD
If you suffer from nighttime bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching) or TMJ disorder, you can benefit from a nighttime dental guard like the CustMbite Nightguard. When you use this device, you may avoid some of the painful consequences of grinding or clenching your teeth at night. You’re less likely to suffer head, ear, face, jaw, or neck aches related to bruxism and TMJ disorder if you wear a nighttime dental guard that prevents your teeth from grinding or clenching together.
If you snore, we have another solution for you. You (and your sleep partner) can benefit from our article on our nightguard for snoring since they won’t be woken up by the sound of you snoring or grinding your teeth.
Other benefits of using a quality nightguard like the CustMbite Nightguard include better sleep, more alertness during your waking hours, and less propensity to accidents during your waking hours. Sleep deprivation caused by bruxism or TMJ disorder can lead to some disastrous consequences, including chipped, broken, or even loose teeth. Continue reading to learn how a lack of sleep can affect your body and mind, and more about how the CustMbite Nightguard can help you avoid suffering from these consequences by providing you with a better night’s sleep.
CONSEQUENCES OF SLEEP DEPRIVATION
- Memory problems. It is while you are sleeping that your brain forms essential connections that help you process and remember new information from each day. If you’re losing sleep every night due to teeth grinding or clenching, both your short- and long-term memory can be negatively affected.
- Mood changes. Most people have the occasional sleepless night, and they might notice they are more moody and quick-tempered the following day. This is exacerbated by sleeping poorly due to bruxism or TMJ disorder. Long-term sleep deprivation can lead to mood disorders like anxiety and depression.
- Weakened immunity. A lack of proper sleep weakens your immune system so your body has a harder time fighting off viruses like the common cold, influenza, and Covid-19. Without proper sleep, you’re more likely to get sick when exposed to these viruses.
- Risk of diabetes. Your body’s release of insulin can be affected negatively by a lack of sleep. Insulin lowers your blood sugar, and if it’s not doing its job, you are at higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Accidents. If you’re drowsy during the day because of a lack of proper sleep, your risk for all types of accidents is increased. This can happen with just one night of bad sleep, but gets worse the more frequently you lose sleep.
- High blood pressure. Your risk for high blood pressure rises if you get less than five hours of sleep each night.
- Weight gain. The chemicals that signal to your brain that you’re full get thrown off balance when you are sleep deprived. Because of this, you are more likely to overindulge and choose unhealthy foods when you’ve lost sleep.
- Poor balance. A lack of sleep can impact your balance and coordination. You’re more prone to falls and other physical accidents, which can lead to problems if you play sports or do other intense activities.
HOW CAN THE CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD HELP ME SLEEP BETTER THROUGH THE NIGHT?
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed with the aid of dental professionals for your comfort and protection. When worn properly, your teeth are not able to come together to grind or clench at night. The device is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is tough enough to stand up to your attempts to grind or clench your teeth. It’s also flexible enough to be comfortable all night long.When you first receive your nightguard, you will follow the instructions included with the device to mold it to your teeth. This is simple and takes only a couple of minutes. Because our nightguard is custom-fit to your teeth, it’s less likely that it will fall out during the night. It also makes it more comfortable to wear, allowing you to speak clearly, drink water, and breathe freely while wearing it.If you have braces and you’ve been looking for a nightguard, you may have had a difficult time of it, especially if you want a custom-fit nightguard. The CustMbite Nightguard is made to be worn by people with or without braces. Best of all, you don’t need a new nightguard each time your bite changes. You can remold the CustMbite Nightguard as many times as necessary.
WHERE CAN I GET A CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD FOR MYSELF?
For superior protection and excellent comfort, you can’t beat the CustMbite Nightguard. Our nighttime dental guard has been evaluated and accepted by the FDA and is phthalate-, BPA-, PVC-, and latex-free. You can get the nightguard in a variety of colors and in a standard or youth size. Order the best nighttime dental guard online today and see what a great night’s sleep you can get!