Which Kids Need a Sleep Guard?
One of the signs of stress in a person’s life, whether adult or child, is bruxism. Bruxism is when you unconsciously grind or clench your teeth, especially during sleep. If your child has been showing the signs of extra stress that many children have been experiencing recently, they may be suffering from nighttime bruxism. If this is the case, you’ll want to get them a sleep guard that’s sized just right for their age. The best sleep guard for kids is the CustMbite Nightguard for children.
If you’re not sure if your child is suffering from bruxism, there are a few signs that can indicate they are. If they’re waking up with headaches or facial pain, they may have been grinding their teeth during the night. Other symptoms of bruxism include overly sensitive teeth, especially in the back. Your child’s dentist can tell you if any of the teeth have unusual enamel wear or if the teeth have flat places called “wear facets” that could indicate bruxism.
Another symptom of bruxism is teeth that are chipped and cracked for no apparent reason. The same is true of earaches that are not related to the ear itself. This is because the temporomandibular (jaw) joint is located right next to the ear canal. Swelling in the joint caused by bruxism can trigger blocks in the ear canal. Long-term exposure to bruxism can actually result in hearing loss in the most severe cases.
If you notice that your child is having a hard time opening or closing their jaw, that could be a sign of bruxism, or a disorder called temporomandibular joint disorder (commonly called TMJ or TMJ disorder), which can be caused by bruxism. The same is true if you hear a popping, clicking, or grinding noise when they chew, talk, or yawn.
Continue reading to learn about ways you can help your child manage stress and to learn about how the CustMbite Nightguard can help mitigate the effects of nighttime bruxism in your child.
Stress Management for Children
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep. For ages 6-12, that means from 9 to 12 hours of sleep, and for teens, 10 hours is recommended. Don’t allow electronic devices for an hour before bed or in their bedroom overnight for the best sleep possible.
- Physical activity is essential to relieve stress for people of all ages. Make sure your child gets at least 60 minutes a day of moderate to strenuous activity to help them deal with excess stress.
- Talk to them, and most importantly, listen to them. If they are going through a particularly stressful situation, don’t try to fix it right away. Let your child experience the feelings they have. You can also guide them towards coming up with their own solutions. Sometimes just talking about it is enough to alleviate their worries.
- Spend time outside surrounded by nature, without electronic devices. This is another strategy that works well for all ages. Kids may need to be incentivized to do so if they’re not used to spending time outside, but eventually, the time spent will become its own reward.
- Give them time to have fun and time to be quiet. Don’t schedule every hour of their day—kids need time to just be.
- Help them learn mindfulness. Studies have shown that youth who learn mindfulness techniques experience less mental distress than those who don’t.
What’s the best sleep guard for kids?
Experts agree that the most effective sleep guard for kids is one that is customized to their bite, which helps with both comfort and fit. The CustMbite Nightguard for children is easily molded to your child’s teeth right at home. Not only that, but if your youth has braces, our sleep guard is remoldable as many times as necessary until the braces come off.
The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which was developed with the aid of dental professionals. It’s thin enough to allow your child to drink water and speak clearly with the sleep guard on, but tough enough to prevent their teeth from grinding together as they sleep. The CustMbite Nightguard also comes in your child’s choice of blue, pink, navy, black, or clear. Choosing the color of their sleep guard can help your youth take ownership of it, making them more likely to be willing to wear it every night. If your child is suffering from nighttime bruxism, the CustMbite Nightguard is the best preventative device for kids on the market.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard for my child?
If you’re looking for an effective and affordable sleep guard to help alleviate your child’s symptoms from bruxism, the CustMbite Nightguard is the best choice you can make. It was designed to provide superior protection and comfort for your youngster. Order the best sleep guard online today to give your child the relief they deserve.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.