Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
TEETH CLENCHING DURING SLEEP
If you have TMJ disorder or high levels of stress, it’s possible that you tend to unconsciously clench your teeth. You may not even know you’re doing so or you may just do it overnight. If you wake up with unexplained headaches, jaw aches, or even earaches, it could be due to teeth clenching during sleep. The same is true if you notice chipped, cracked, or loose teeth without an obvious cause. There are a handful of things you can do to help the problem of teeth clenching, but in the meantime, wearing the CustMbite Nightguard while sleeping can help mitigate the painful side effects of TMJ disorder or stress.
There are several potential causes for clenching your teeth during sleep. You may or may not find yourself doing so during the day. If you do, the chances of you also clenching your teeth when asleep are increased. Stress and anxiety can cause teeth clenching and grinding both during the day and the night. A causal relationship has also been discovered between drinking caffeine near bedtime and teeth clenching during sleep. The same is true for tobacco or alcohol use. Finally, there are sleep disorders that can contribute to teeth clenching and grinding. Two of these are chronic snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. A condition called TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder can also cause teeth clenching during sleep.
Continue reading to learn how you can alleviate teeth clenching and grinding from your sleep, and to learn how the CustMbite Nightguard can help towards that goal.
RELAXATION TIPS TO HELP PREVENT CLENCHING YOUR TEETH DURING SLEEP
- Cut down on caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol use before bed. Each of these substances has been linked to increased bruxism, or teeth clenching and grinding, during sleep. The best time to have your last drink of caffeine is lunchtime. You may think a glass of wine helps you get to sleep, but it doesn’t help you get a good night’s sleep. Nicotine is a stimulant like caffeine, so it’s also best not to consume it before bed.
- Get plenty of exercise, but not before bed. If you don’t have time for a regular workout, you can do things like park farther away from your destination, take the stairs whenever possible, and take part in hobbies that keep you active, like sports or hiking.
- Take a warm bath or shower before bedtime. Not only does the warm water relax you, but it’s easier to get to sleep when you have that fresh, clean feeling.
- Avoid all screens for an hour before bed. What to do instead? Reading a book can help you switch from daytime to nighttime mode and keep you away from screens that have a negative impact on your ability to fall asleep.
- Drink milk, warm or cold, before bed. Did you know there actually are properties to milk that make it help you sleep better? It’s true.
- Keep the temperature in your bedroom cooler to help you sleep better, which can help reduce periods of wakefulness when you might be more likely to clench your teeth.
If these relaxation tips aren’t enough to reduce teeth clenching during sleep, we have the perfect solution for you. The CustMbite Nightguard was developed with the assistance of dental professionals using our patented VistaMaxx material. This makes it both comfortable and easy to use. The material does not absorb bacteria or other organisms, so it’s easy to clean with gentle soap and water. It’s strong enough to withstand your attempts at teeth clenching and grinding night after night while being thin enough that you can talk or drink with it in, so there’s no need to take it out once you have put it in for the night.
When you receive your CustMbite Nightguard, molding it to your teeth is easy and takes only a couple of minutes. Detailed instructions on how to do so are included with each sleep guard. This helps to keep the mouthguard in place all night and makes it more effective for you personally. If you have orthodontic or dental work done, you don’t have to buy a new CustMbite Nightguard. You can simply remold it like you did the first time, as many times as you need to until the dental work is completed.
Made for your protection, comfort, and convenience, the CustMbite Nightguard is the best sleep guard for teeth clenching and grinding. It’s the same quality as a mouthguard from your dentist at half the price. It’s been evaluated and cleared by the FDA, so you can feel confident it’s a safe and effective solution. Order the best sleep guard for teeth clenching online today and see the difference CustMbite can make!