Who Needs a Mouthguard for Sleeping?
UPDATE: If snoring is adding to your sleeping issues, learn more about our newest product, a home remedy for snoring that really works!
The CustMbite Nightguard is the best mouthguard for sleeping. If you suffer from bruxism due to stress or jaw clenching due to TMJ disorder, a sleep mouthguard should be an essential part of your night. If you’re not sure if you’re suffering from these teeth and jaw ailments, there are a few signs that you are. Do you wake up frequently with unexplainable headaches? Do you wake up with jaw pain? Or do your aches reach beyond jaw and teeth pain to regular pain in your neck, shoulders, or back that can’t be explained by an occasional night of sleeping uncomfortably? These can be signs that your teeth are clenching or grinding during the night.
Another sign that you’ve been having these problems at night is if you find yourself regularly clenching or grinding your teeth during the day or chewing on your lower lip a great deal. It’s not that difficult to stop these behaviors when you notice them during your waking hours, but you may need help when you’re sleeping. That’s where the CustMbite Nightguard comes in. Continue reading to learn some of the effects of not sleeping well and why the CustMbite Nightguard is the best mouthguard for sleeping.
What are the consequences of losing sleep due to bruxism or TMJ disorder?
There are a number of ways that loss of sleep can affect your life negatively. These are just a few of the more troublesome effects of sleep loss due to jaw clenching or teeth grinding:
- Trouble thinking or concentrating. When you don’t get enough rest, your creativity, problem-solving skills, and concentration can suffer. This may make it difficult for you to perform everyday tasks or professional duties.
- Memory problems. Your brain forms connections during sleep that help you process and recall information you’ve learned during the day. If you can’t sleep, both your short- and long-term memory can be negatively impacted.
- Mood shifts. Even if you’re normally very emotionally stable, you can experience moodiness, heightened emotions, and even a quicker temper when you’re deprived of normal amounts of sleep.
- Weakened immunity system. Loss of sleep weakens your immune system’s ability to defend against viruses like the common cold, not to mention more dangerous viruses like the flu or Covid-19.
- Accidents. When you’re continually tired and your concentration is lacking, you’re more likely to fall prey to accidents around the house or on the road, both of which can lead to varying degrees of injuries.
- High blood pressure. Depending on how much sleep you lose due to the pain caused by jaw clenching and teeth grinding, you could end up with higher blood pressure, which can lead to heart disease.
- Risk of diabetes. Proper amounts of sleep help to regulate your body’s release of insulin, the hormone that controls your levels of blood sugar. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your blood sugar could soar high enough to increase your risk of contracting type 2 diabetes.
- Poor balance. Your balance and coordination can be harmed by a lack of sleep, which can lead to numerous physical injuries from trips and falls.
- Risk of heart disease. In addition to higher blood pressure, sleep deprivation can lead to higher levels of chemicals linked to inflammation. These can both play a part in the increased risk of heart disease.
What is the best mouthguard for sleeping?
For starters, the best mouthguard for sleeping is customizable to your teeth. There are bulky mouthguards on the market that use excess padding to keep your teeth from grinding together at night, but our CustMbite Nightguards are different. We developed them with the help of dental experts, and our patented VistaMaxx material is thin enough to be comfortable. This lets you get a drink of water or speak clearly while wearing it. But at the same time, it’s tough enough to keep your teeth from grinding night after night.
Our mouthguards have been cleared by the FDA so you can be assured of their safety. They are BPA, PVC, and phthalate free. When you receive your CustMbite Nightguard, the first thing you’ll do is to mold it to your mouth in just a couple of minutes. If you’re having orthodontic work done, you don’t have to worry about buying another mouthguard when your teeth change. Instead, you can easily remold your CustMbite Nightguard to fit your newly adjusted teeth. We have the best mouthguard for teeth grinding at half the price of one you might buy from your dentist.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard?
Made for your protection, comfort, and safety, our CustMbite Nightguard is the perfect solution to your teeth grinding or jaw clenching. You can order the best mouthguard for sleeping online at an affordable price today and see just what a difference the CustMbite Nightguard can make!
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.