Do you grind your teeth at night?
Do you have sensitive teeth?
Does teeth grinding cause you to wake up at night with pain or experience regular sleep disruptions?
Does your teeth grinding lead to severe jaw or tooth pain?
Does your jaw pop or click?
Are your teeth as white as you want them to be?
Based on your answers, we recommend the CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard
Read more about our Nightguards below
Based on your answers, we recommend the CustMbite Nightguard
Read more about our Nightguards below
Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
OCCURRENCE OF BRUXISM AND TMJ IN SENIORS
Like so many conditions, seniors are more likely to suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding) and TMJ disorder (commonly called TMJ, which often causes teeth clenching). Either one of these conditions can happen when you're awake or when you're asleep, but are more common during sleep. The downside to that is that if they happen during sleep, you may not even be aware that you have bruxism or TMJ.
However, if you tend to wake up with headaches that are not normal to your daily experience or if you have been waking up with a sore jaw or neck, you may have bruxism or TMJ. Fortunately, CustMbite offers a variety of products to help treat or even prevent bruxism and TMJ in seniors.
While you can always treat the soreness caused by bruxism and TMJ with pain relievers like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or naproxen (Aleve), it's much easier to focus on prevention. Dentists generally recommend a nighttime mouthguard, or nightguard, to prevent your teeth from grinding or clenching during the night. CustMbite has a few different nightguards that can work for you depending on your circumstances.
- The CustMbite Nightguard
- If you suffer from moderate pain caused by bruxism or TMJ, most dentists suggest using a customized nightguard like ours. Our CustMbite Nightguard is comfortable, flexible, and stays in all night because of its customized fit.
- The CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard
- If TMJ or bruxism is causing you severe pain due to intense teeth grinding, you will want an extra-durable nightguard that can take bruxism without undue wear and tear. Our Hard Surface Nightguard is the best choice for severe teeth grinding and clenching.
- The CustMbite Snoring System
- Sometimes bruxism and TMJ in seniors come along with heavy snoring. If that's the case for you, you can benefit from using our Snoring System. It also consists of nightguards, but these have a special feature called tori, which move your tongue out of your airway to prevent snoring. Unlike other devices that attempt to prevent snoring by moving your jaw forward, our snoring system is safe and comfortable to use.
TREATMENT DIFFICULTIES FOR BRUXISM AND TMJ IN SENIORS
Treatment for TMJ and bruxism can be especially difficult for the elderly because many nightguards are hard for seniors to keep in their mouths while sleeping. They may be so big, bulky, and uncomfortable that many seniors will choose to leave them on the shelf rather than wear them despite the fact that they know they will wake up in pain.
The CustMbite family of products was developed with the help of dental professionals to be easy to use and comfortable for people of all ages. Our patented VistaMaxx material is tough enough to stand up to teeth grinding and clenching while remaining flexible enough to be comfortable to wear all night and even during naps. What's more, the material has been cleared by the FDA and is free of harmful BPAs.
Maintaining your CustMbite oral appliance is easy, too. Each time you take it off, you can just spray it with our CustMbite All Natural Oral Appliance Cleaner. Then wipe it off and rinse in water, and it's ready to go next time you are ready to sleep. Be sure to use the cleaner on the case, too.
Bruxism and TMJ in seniors can cause significant problems and we have an ideal solution. Our products are made entirely in the United States and are compliant with U.S. manufacturing and safety standards. They are effective at preventing the painful effects that come along with bruxism and TMJ in seniors. Order your CustMbite Nightguard, Hard Surface Nightguard, or Snoring System today, and don't forget the Oral Appliance Cleaner!