Do you grind your teeth at night?
Do you have sensitive teeth?
Does teeth grinding cause you to wake up at night with pain or experience regular sleep disruptions?
Does your teeth grinding lead to severe jaw or tooth pain?
Does your jaw pop or click?
Are your teeth as white as you want them to be?
Based on your answers, we recommend the CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard
Read more about our Nightguards below
Based on your answers, we recommend the CustMbite Nightguard
Read more about our Nightguards below
smile and comfort in mind
EVALUATING THE CLAIMS OF TMJ PILLOW MARKETERS
Pillows that are meant to alleviate the symptoms of TMJ disorder, commonly called TMJ, are a relatively new product on the market. There are many different pillows available for both side and back sleepers. They claim that they can help prevent TMJ symptoms like jaw, neck, and facial pain. They are supposed to accomplish this by aligning your spine during sleep.
The problem with TMJ pillows is that aligning the spine does not, in fact, prevent or alleviate the symptoms of TMJ. Most likely, if you have TMJ, your dentist will recommend a customizable nightguard like the CustMbite family of products. Unlike a TMJ pillow, a nightguard directly protects your teeth from grinding or clenching together. This, in turn, reduces or eliminates the pain you experience as a result of TMJ disorder.
Custmbite Options for TMJ
CustMbite has options to suit people who have different symptoms related to TMJ. Whether you have moderate pain, severe pain, or experience loud snoring, we have a product that works for you.
- Moderate Pain – CustMbite Nightguard
- If your TMJ is new and not very severe and it causes only moderate pain, or if the main symptom you suffer is a crackling or clicking sound when you chew or yawn, and you don't wake up in great pain, the CustMbite Nightguard is likely the right product for you. It's flexible, comfortable, and easy to wear.
- Severe Pain – CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard
- If you've had TMJ for quite some time or if you wake up every morning with severe pain in your jaw, neck, face, or ear due to TMJ disorder, then the CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard is for you. It has a firmer surface and can stand up to heavy-duty teeth clenching or grinding night after night.
- Heavy Snoring – CustMbite Snoring System
- If, as with many people who have TMJ, you experience loud snoring along with discomfort, the CustMbite Snoring System is the product for you. It's made of the same material as the nightguards but also includes a feature called tori, which move your tongue gently forward out of your airway to prevent you from snoring. Unlike many anti-snoring devices, it does not move your jaw forward, which can actually cause harm and is not effective to stop snoring.
Teeth clenching from TMJ can cause damage to your jaw muscles and your teeth. The CustMbite family of products was created with the help of dental professionals to provide both comfort and protection. None of our products shift your jaw as some devices do. And unlike a TMJ pillow, they directly protect your teeth and jaw from the damage caused by clenching and grinding.
The nightguards and snoring system mouthguards are made out of our patented VistaMaxx material, which was designed for its comfort and effectiveness. The material is customizable and therefore, the guard will not fall out during the night. The material also makes the guards comfortable enough to wear each night, since a product left on the shelf doesn't do any good at all. You can even speak clearly or get a drink of water with your CustMbite oral appliance in your mouth.
The CustMbite family of products is made entirely in the United States using the strictest safety guidelines. We have even developed our CustMbite All Natural Oral Appliance Cleaner so you can easily clean your oral appliance and its case with a spray, a wipe, and a rinse. Order your CustMbite Nightguard, Hard Surface Nightguard, or Snoring System online today and experience the painless sleep that can't be found with a TMJ pillow.
If you’re looking for an affordable and effective way to address TMJ disorder pain, try the CustMbite Nightguard. Order the best sleep mouthguard online today and experience the difference that wearing CustMbite can make!
The symptoms of TMJ disorder can be sorted into three specific categories:
Pain. The most obvious pain caused by TMJ disorder is felt in the jaw. This may present itself as a soreness upon waking or pain felt when moving the jaw, such as when chewing or yawning. There are also other painful symptoms that can be attributed to TMJ disorder. Headaches or migraines, neck or back aches, and pain in or around the ear may all be symptoms of TMJ disorder.
Sound. Jaw sounds tend to occur when you’re moving your jaw, like when you’re eating, talking, or just opening and closing your mouth for any reason. While jaw noises like popping, crackling, clicking, or even grinding can be harmless, take action if these sounds are accompanied by pain or soreness.
Restricted movement. Untreated TMJ disorder can lead to a restricted range of motion that may prevent your mouth from opening or closing fully. This can cause severe discomfort and affect essential activities like speaking and eating. If you’re suffering from this symptom of TMJ disorder, it’s time to talk to a doctor.