Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
SLEEPING BETTER AS YOU AGE
There are a number of sleep problems that you could develop as you age. You could have insomnia, where it seems impossible to sleep, or you could have early waking, where you get to sleep fine but find yourself waking up earlier and earlier. Restless leg syndrome can make it difficult to get to and stay asleep.
Another issue that can cause sleeping difficulties is TMJ or bruxism, and many adults develop these tooth and jaw disorders as they get older. TMJ occurs when the joint or joints where your jaw connects to your skull wear down, get arthritis, or become painful. You can often hear a clicking sound when you eat if you have TMJ. TMJ often comes with teeth clenching during sleep. Bruxism is the term that refers to grinding your teeth during sleep due to any number of stressors or causes.
Either clenching or grinding your teeth during sleep can lead to headaches, neck aches, or sore teeth. We have developed the FDA-cleared CustMbite Nightguard to help prevent the pain from grinding or clenching your teeth during sleep. Continue reading to learn habits that can help you sleep better at night and to learn more about how the CustMbite Nightguard can help you sleep better if you have TMJ or bruxism.
BETTER SLEEP HABITS FOR SENIORS
If your sleep problem isn’t serious enough to go to a doctor yet, there are a number of habits you can develop in order to sleep better.
- Develop a bedtime routine. This can include a number of relaxing activities such as drinking herbal tea, meditating, taking a warm bath, or otherwise turning away from the activities of the day towards a calm evening. As part of your routine, go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Turn off screens at least an hour before bedtime. The light from your TV, computer, and phone screen interacts with your brain in a way that can cause you to stay awake, so end screen time at least an hour before bed. If you like watching TV before bed, listen to a radio program or a book instead.
- Get exercise during the day on a regular basis. Even taking a walk or working in the garden will do the job. Don’t exercise just before bed, though, or you will find yourself hard put to get to sleep.
- Stop napping, or nap smarter. If you’re experiencing problems getting to sleep at night, you might forego naps. If you’re working on habits that can help you sleep at night, nap no longer than an hour, and no later than 2 or 3 pm.
- Turn the temperature down a few degrees. People sleep better in cooler environments.
- Darken your room. If your room is not pitch black, do what you can to make it so. If you have a bright digital clock or other light that permeates your room, cover it. If light comes in from outside, get blackout curtains. Your body’s natural rhythms tell you to sleep when it’s dark, so make it dark.
- Spend time outdoors. Getting fresh air and sunlight during the day, even for just a few minutes when it’s extremely cold or hot, can help reset your body’s rhythms as well.
- Do not use alcohol or caffeine near bedtime. Caffeine should not be used after lunch, and alcohol should not be used at least five hours prior to bed.
- Drink fewer fluids at night. This can help you avoid having to get up to use the bathroom and potentially have a hard time falling back to sleep.
- Stay in the bedroom to sleep only. If you find yourself awake after trying to sleep for 15 to 20 minutes, leave the bedroom and do a relaxing activity like reading a book or listening to classical music, and return to the bedroom when you are drowsy.
HOW CAN THE CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD HELP ME SLEEP BETTER?
The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which was developed with the help of dental professionals. It’s easy to shape to your mouth and easy to clean. Just toss our sleep mouth guard in the dishwasher in its special case and it’ll be ready to go. The material is strong enough to keep you from grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw and comfortable enough for you to wear it all night, every night without any problems.
HOW CAN I GET A CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD?
If you’re looking for an affordable sleep guard for TMJ and bruxism, you’ve found it. Not only is the CustMbite Nightguard available for a fraction of the price you might pay for a dentist-provided mouth guard, but it’s simple to use and you don’t have to send away an impression of your mouth and wait around to get your customized nightguard back. You can easily customize it yourself. Order your CustMbite Nightguard today to experience the relief of a good night’s sleep.