What Insomnia Feels Like
We’ve all had a sleepless night, where it seems like we stare at the clock and watch each number flip over until it’s time to get up. As it gets later, the more concerned we get about the sleep we’re not getting, which makes it more impossible to fall asleep. This is a kind of insomnia that strikes nearly everyone at some time or another. The causes may be simple or severe, but usually they are temporary.
If you have TMJ or sleep bruxism, you might suffer more episodes of insomnia than the average person because the pain of your jaw clenching or teeth grinding can wake you up in the middle of the night and make it difficult to fall back asleep. If one of these are the cause of your insomnia, or is just making your insomnia more challenging to deal with, there is a solution. Our CustMbite Nightguard is designed to alleviate the symptoms of teeth grinding or your jaw from clenching painfully at night. Continue reading to learn more about the causes of insomnia and how the CustMbite Nightguard can help.
Some Causes of Insomnia
- Primary insomnia is when there’s nothing about your environment, physical health, or mental wellbeing that would cause sleep problems. Scientists don’t know why this occurs in some people. Some doctors believe that some people’s brains naturally stay more alert when they’re meant to be sleeping.
- Your body clock can get confused when you have irregular sleep times. This can happen occasionally if you travel through a number of time zones or you stay up much later than normal, or try to sleep earlier than normal. It can happen on an ongoing basis if you don’t have a regular daily bedtime, like if you work different shifts at your job. Sometimes it may happen from having circadian rhythms that do not agree with your life’s schedule.
- Stressful events like the loss of a job or a loved one can cause sleepless nights. It should go back to normal within a few nights to a week or two. If it’s longer term than that, you should talk to your doctor.
- Breathing problems like sleep apnea can wake you more than a hundred times in a single night. You probably won’t remember it, but it can leave you feeling fatigued the next day. These come from conditions like allergies, asthma, and excess weight.
- Pain from chronic back issues, arthritis, fibromyalgia, or other conditions can prevent peaceful sleep. An unfortunate cycle can occur because a lack of sleep can exacerbate the pain.
- Itching from conditions like psoriasis and eczema can make sleep next to impossible. Even once you do fall asleep from complete exhaustion, you may wake yourself up again from scratching so hard it wakes you up. There are various over-the-counter and prescription treatments to help with these conditions.
- Some medications can make it hard to sleep, such as those for heart disease, allergies, thyroid problems, depression, or ADHD. You can discuss your medications with your doctor if this is the problem, and they can suggest alternatives or a change in your dosing schedule.
- TMJ and bruxism can both lead to insomnia, whether on a short-term or long-term basis. This can cause your enamel to wear down or even fracture, so wearing a good nightguard for teeth grinding and jaw clenching can be helpful.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help me avoid insomnia?
If your insomnia is caused or exacerbated by TMJ or bruxism, then a mouthguard for restless sleep may be your best source of relief. We developed the patented VistaMaxx material with dental professionals to make sure your sleep mouth guard is easy to prepare, easy to use, and easy to care for. Grinding your teeth during sleep can wear down your enamel, so we developed the CustMbite Nightguard with your comfort (and enamel) in mind.
It’s easy to customize our sleep guard to your teeth. It takes only a microwave, a bowl of cold water, and a couple of minutes. Better yet, if you’re having any dental work done, you can remold the CustMbite Nightguard as many times as you need to without losing quality. VistaMaxx does not absorb bacteria or other harmful microbes, and it’s as easy to clean as tossing it in the dishwasher or scrubbing gently with soap and water. Because the material is so thin, yet so effective, it’s comfortable enough to wear all night, every night, so you can get the most benefit out of it.
Where can I get my own CustMbite Nightguard?
Sleeping and teeth clenching/grinding do not have to go together. When you purchase your own CustMbite Nightguard today, you will have the best teeth protection technology at your fingertips. You’ll feel the difference after using it just once, and we guarantee it.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.