What does sleep quality have to do with exercise?
If you’re interested in getting the full benefits of physical exercise, you’ll want to make sure that you’re sleeping well throughout the night. This is because when you exercise, your body uses up energy. If you’re not sleeping well due to too much coffee, a bad day, or symptoms of TMJ or bruxism, you may not have the energy you need to exercise as vigorously as you want. When you are sleep-deprived, you lose coordination, balance, and agility. Your ability to think and react quickly may also be reduced. Depending on the type of exercise you are doing, the consequences can range from inconvenient to dangerous.
It’s important to get a great night’s rest before exercising, but if you’re having a hard time because of teeth clenching or grinding during sleep, this can seem impossible. Consider using the CustMbite Nightguard. Our sleep mouth guard can alleviate the pain caused by your symptoms so you can sleep through the night and be prepared for your workout the following day.
What activities can I do that count as exercise?
Whenever you raise your heart rate for 20 minutes or more, you are exercising! If working out at the gym doesn’t appeal to you, there are plenty of things that you can do that count as exercise. Some might surprise you:
- Taking care of your garden counts as exercise. Consider all the squatting, bending, reaching, and lifting you do, not to mention walking back and forth to haul clippings out, reel the hose in, and put everything away.
- Many housecleaning activities can count as exercise, like sweeping or mopping the floor. This can really get your heart rate up, depending on how much floor you have to clean. If you first sweep and then mop your floor, you’ll get even more exercise, and all while doing something you needed to do anyway.
- Painting a room takes a lot of work, especially at the beginning when you need to wash the walls. But the entire process can get your heart rate up, from all the bending and reaching involved in pre-taping through rolling on the paint and cleaning up afterward.
- Playing with your kids, no matter what their age, can be good exercise. If you get outside with them, you’ll have a lot of fun options that also provide a good workout. Smaller kids love to run and play hide-and-seek and other games involving movement, and older kids can go on a bike ride or hike with their parents.
- Speaking of hiking, geocaching is another way to get moving, especially if you choose caches that are more difficult to get to. Geocaching is a fun pastime that involves hidden treasure, a GPS, and lots of walking, hiking, or biking.
- Yard work can also give you excellent exercise. All summer, you need to mow the lawn regularly to keep up with it. Pushing a mower, even if it’s a self-propelled machine, uses energy and can really get you to break a sweat. In the fall, there’s leaf raking and bagging to keep you busy, and in the winter, there is shoveling to be done. These tasks that need to be done anyway are also good ways to exercise, so you can check a chore off your list and get a workout in too.
- If you can walk or bike to work, a friend’s house, the grocery store, or anywhere else, do. You have to go anyway, you can save wear and tear on your automobile, and you can get a great workout.
Exercise is all about movement. Many of your everyday tasks already involve healthy movement. You can easily get the exercise you need without once stepping into a crowded gym.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help me get a better night’s sleep?
The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is tough enough to alleviate the symptoms of teeth clenching or grinding at night, yet thin enough to wear comfortably for hours. Our nightguard is especially comfortable because you can quickly custom-fit it specifically to your teeth. Plus, it’s easy to clean — all you have to do is toss it into the dishwasher. Our affordable nightguard is FDA-cleared, free of dangerous BPAs, and does not absorb bacteria. Wearing a CustMbite Nightguard is a simple and efficient way to wake up refreshed and ready to move your body.
How can I get a CustMbite Nightguard for myself?
You can trust the CustMbite Nightguard to alleviate headaches and jaw discomfort due to TMJ and bruxism. Find out how great it is to exercise after a good night’s sleep every night and purchase your own nightguard today.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.