Why Using a Bite Guard is Important
If you suffer from TMJ disorder or bruxism (teeth grinding), it’s important to use a bite guard to protect your teeth from the painful consequences. Because nighttime teeth clenching or grinding can cause pain and wake you up multiple times throughout the course of each night, it’s also important to wear a bite guard so you can make it through your days without being especially tired. If you want to safely use a bite guard, cleaning it properly is essential. Fortunately, the CustMbite Nightguard is as easy to clean as it is to use night after night.
Cleaning Your Bite Guard Properly
In order to make sure your CustMbite Nightguard is safe and effective, you have to be sure to clean it every day. It’s easy enough to do, but it can be hard to remember. All you have to do to clean it is wash it with gentle soap and warm water. One way to remember a new habit like cleaning your bite guard is to link it to a habit you already have. For example, if you clean your bite guard each morning when you brush your teeth, it will be easier to remember than if you don’t link it to a task you already regularly perform. After washing it, put it in its ventilated case so it can dry without getting dust or germs on it. Then put it in a place you have designated especially for the bite guard so you can always find it at bedtime.
Another way you can clean your CustMbite Nightguard is to put it in its ventilated case and toss it in the dishwasher. Run it on a wash cycle with your dishes and it will be clean as new. Unlike some plastic materials that bite guards can be made of, our patented VistaMaxx material will not cloud up after several washes—it will stay as clear as the day you first opened it. This is a good idea if you are in a hurry in the morning and if you run your dishwasher on a daily basis.
Continue reading to learn some of the consequences of losing sleep due to not using a bite guard on a nightly basis.
Effects of Sleep Loss
- Your brain forms connections during sleep that help you process and remember new information. Lack of sleep can negatively impact short- and long-term memory.
- Sleep deprivation for just one night can make you moody, emotional, and quick-tempered. Long-term sleep deprivation can eventually lead to anxiety or depression.
- Losing sleep can weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to the latest bug going around.
- Because sleep has an impact on your body’s release of insulin, chronic lack of sleep can put you at greater risk of contracting type 2 diabetes.
- Sleep deprivation causes your creativity, concentration, and problem-solving skills to suffer. This can hurt you in your professional and your personal life.
- People who regularly lose sleep are more accident-prone than those who sleep well each night. This includes car accidents and other types of accidents. Your safety can be at risk if you don’t get enough sleep.
- People who have less than five good hours of sleep on a regular basis are at great risk of developing high blood pressure, which can cause all kinds of physical problems.
- When you lose sleep, the chemicals that signal to your brain that you have eaten enough get out of whack and put you in danger of weight gain. Another way sleep loss can cause weight gain is that you’re more likely to grab quick, easy-to-prepare, processed foods or fast food when you’re tired.
What is the best nighttime bite guard?
The best nighttime bite guard is one that you can custom-fit to your teeth and that is comfortable enough for you to feel good about wearing it each night. The CustMbite Nightguard was developed with the aid of dental professionals and is made of our patented VistaMaxx material. This material is soft and flexible enough to make your bite guard comfortable and strong enough to keep your teeth apart all night. Because it’s custom-fit to your teeth, even if you have braces, it won’t fall out at night even if you are a restless sleeper.
The CustMbite Nightguard is cleared by the FDA. It is free of BPA, PVC, latex, and phthalates for your safety. The VistaMaxx material it’s made of does not absorb saliva or bacteria, so even if you forget to clean it one day, it should still be safe to use.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard?
The CustMbite Nightguard was designed for your protection and comfort. It comes in regular and petite sizes and in your choice of five different colors. There’s not a better bite guard on the market. Order the easiest-to-clean, most effective bite guard online today and see what a great day you have after sleeping soundly all night long.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.