Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
AGING AND FINE MOTOR SKILLS
As you age, it’s important to keep practicing tasks that involve fine motor skills. If you don’t, you could lose the ability to use the muscles that control precise movements in your hands and fingers. Are you able to sort beans or sew by hand? If so, keep it up — your fine motor skills are likely looking good. If not, check out the list below for some tasks that you can practice to keep your skills in shape.
If you’re having trouble with fine motor skills because you’re having a hard time sleeping, the solution is to get better sleep. But how? If your rest is disturbed due to clenching or grinding your teeth during sleep, a CustMbite Nightguard can help. Wearing a nightguard helps to prevent potential damage to your teeth from clenching or grinding while you sleep. When you get a full night of sleep each night, your mind and body will be more alert and able to focus on tasks requiring precision and control.
ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO TO KEEP FINE MOTOR SKILLS SHARP
The first thing you can do to keep your fine motor skills sharp is to get a great night of sleep. In addition to this, you can take part in activities that use fine motor skills. Some ideas include:
- Beading. This activity demands hand-eye coordination and tests your fine motor skills as you pick up, string, lace, weave, knit, or sew beads. You can make jewelry with lovely gemstones and add charms or medals as focus pieces. The results are great for wearing on special occasions or giving as gifts.
- Papier Mache. You will use your hands to rip strips of paper into long, thin pieces, to apply the paste of flour and water, and to wrap the strips around a support object like a balloon. In addition, when you paint the creation, you’ll have another chance to exercise your fine motor skills.
- Board Games. Games like checkers or chess, Sorry, Yahtzee, Connect Four, and Jenga, along with countless others, are a fun way to strengthen small motor skills. Games with small pieces require manipulation in various ways. Plus, it’s a great way to spend an afternoon with friends or the grandkids.
- Origami. There are patterns for folding especially delicate objects for those who have the best control of their fine motor skills, and easier patterns if you need to build up your abilities first.
- Textile Crafts. Knitting, crochet, sewing, and cross-stitch, among others, are crafts that exercise a variety of fine motor skills that are useful throughout your life. The products created by these mediums can be useful as warm blankets and clothes, decorative wall hangings, and to give to others as gifts.
- Puzzles. Puzzles are a good way to pass an afternoon away while creating something to be proud of in the end. Picking up and placing puzzle pieces uses fine motor skills and helps to keep your brain alert as you search for the matching pieces.
- Fleece Blankets. The type of fleece blankets that use two pieces of fleece with strips cut into the edges and tied together can benefit your small motor skills as you cut the fleece and tie it together. Again, a useful product is produced that you can enjoy for yourself or give to a friend.
- Build a Birdhouse. Even if you choose to purchase a pre-made birdhouse kit, there are plenty of opportunities to use your fine motor skills. Securing the pieces together with wood glue or nails, painting the birdhouse, and hanging it in the best location all test different motor skills. It may also lead to a new hobby — birdwatching.
HOW CAN A CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD HELP ME IMPROVE MY FINE MOTOR SKILLS?
If your dexterity isn’t what it used to be, your quality of sleep could be to blame, particularly if you suffer from TMJ or bruxism. With the help of dental professionals, we designed the CustMbite Nightguard to provide the best protection against TMJ and bruxism symptoms. Made of our patented VistaMaxx material, our sleep mouth guard is strong enough to protect your teeth and thin enough to be comfortable enough to wear all night. It’s quick and easy to mold to your teeth, and fits as well as a much more expensive guard from the dentist. Our mouth guard helps to alleviate the pain caused by jaw or teeth conditions so you can get a good night’s sleep and wake up with more energy.
WHERE CAN I GET THE CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD?
If you’re looking for an affordable nightguard, the cost of a CustMbite Nightguard is a fraction of what a dentist would charge for a custom-fit mouth guard. When you’re ready to get more restful sleep that can help you keep your fine motor skills in shape, get a custom-fit nightguard for better sleep today.