Losing Sleep Due to TMJ or Bruxism
Do you have regular family reunions? Whether you have one family barbeque a year or a big holiday season gathering every four years, it’s important to be able to participate fully. Family is an essential part of who we are, and you don’t want to lose out on the fun of the reunion because you’re too sleepy.
But if you suffer from TMJ or bruxism, you might find yourself too tired to attend your family reunion, or too weary to participate fully. You may even find yourself nodding off during Uncle Nathan’s latest hilarious anecdote from his job coaching skydivers. TMJ and bruxism are conditions that affect the jaw and teeth. The symptoms can cause pain in your jaw and teeth that can prevent you from getting a decent night of sleep. Even if you don’t remember waking up, the effects of TMJ and bruxism can disturb your sleep numerous times per night. The pain may even be enough that you take sleeping medication to make it through the night, which leaves you groggy and fuzzy-headed the next day.
Fortunately, you can alleviate TMJ and bruxism pain without medications when you use the CustMbite Nightguard. We developed our guard with the help of dental professionals to give you superior protection and comfort. Continue reading to learn about the kind of fun you could have at your next family reunion and to learn more about how a CustMbite Nightguard can help.
Great Activities for Family Reunions
- Make a family album/scrapbook. Have everybody bring 5-10 photos that they’ve taken since the last reunion. Set up the album and supplies like colored paper, scissors, decorated paper, glue, glitter, and whatever else you think might make for a good scrapbook page, and let each household create a page with their photos. Encourage them to include the stories behind the photos as well.
- Tell family stories together. Not only new stories, but the old stories that are part of your family history. This can help younger family members feel as if they are part of something bigger. Learning about great-aunt Daisy’s victory garden mishaps helps kids realize they are part of a long history of people with stories to tell.
- Hold a family talent show. If you have a particularly musical or artistic family, contact everyone beforehand and let them know about the show so they can come up with a family act for the talent show. Don’t forget to record it so little Brittany’s future daughter can see her mom hamming it up when she was her age.
- Play a fun game that family members of all ages can participate in. Make the focus fun, not winning, unless you are naturally a competitive family. Ultimate Frisbee and kickball are two games that all mobile family members can join in together, and those who are not can cheer on the players from the sidelines. If you choose to play the same game at every one of your reunions, it will become part of a family tradition that everyone will look forward to, year after year.
- Have the host or a selected group of artsy people in the family create a new family-themed gift to take home from each year’s family reunion. A votive candle holder with the family name and the year painted onto it with a permanent gel pen is one idea, as is a tea towel with the family name and year embroidered on it. These mementos are treasured everyday reminders of great times spent with family.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help me have more energy for my family reunion?
If your family reunions are this fun, you want to be sure to attend each one well-rested and ready for anything. A CustMbite Nightguard can help you by alleviating pain caused by TMJ or bruxism during sleep. The sleep guard is made from our patented material, VistaMaxx, which is tough, thin, comfortable, and easy to care for. The material doesn’t allow bacteria to cling to it, so you don’t need to worry about harmful germs stowing away on your guard. Washing it is easy — just toss the guard, in its case, in the dishwasher. When the dishes are clean, your mouth guard will be, too.
Where can I get my own CustMbite Nightguard?
If you’re looking for an affordable nightguard solution to help ease the pain of TMJ and bruxism symptoms during sleep, the CustMbite Nightguard is just right for you. It costs less than half of what you might pay for a bulkier, less comfortable guard from the dentist’s office. You can be the life of the party at your next family reunion when you’re better rested. Order your customized nightguard today.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.