Do you grind your teeth at night?
Do you have sensitive teeth?
Does teeth grinding cause you to wake up at night with pain or experience regular sleep disruptions?
Does your teeth grinding lead to severe jaw or tooth pain?
Does your jaw pop or click?
Are your teeth as white as you want them to be?
Based on your answers, we recommend the CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard
Read more about our Nightguards below
Based on your answers, we recommend the CustMbite Nightguard
Read more about our Nightguards below
smile and comfort in mind
TREATING TMJ WITH NATURAL METHODS
There are many natural treatments for TMJ disorder (commonly called TMJ) pain in the jaw, face, and neck. While the natural remedies for TMJ listed below can help reduce the pain caused by clenching and grinding your teeth at night, it's a better idea to use a device that prevents your teeth from grinding and clenching in the first place. That way, you can avoid experiencing the pain in the first place. The best devices for preventing teeth clenching due to TMJ are CustMbite's family of nightguard products, which are described in fuller detail below.
All-Natural TMJ Remedies That Don't Work as Well as CustMbite
- Jaw exercises that are designed to increase mobility and strength in the jaw muscles.
- Acupuncture uses thin needles to stimulate nerves that signal the brain to release specific hormones to reduce pain and swelling and relieve muscle spasms, giving the jaw a wider range of motion.
- Chiropractic treatments to realign the bones in your spine to release tension.
- Heat and cold therapy for temporary relief from pain in your jaw, neck, shoulder, or face.
- Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and yoga to help manage tension in your body and mind.
So What All-Natural TMJ Remedy Does Work?
The right customized nightguard is the quickest and easiest way to address TMJ symptoms. This is the go-to natural TMJ remedy for most dentists. CustMbite has three nightguards that can help prevent teeth clenching and grinding, which can help prevent TMJ pain in the first place. Of course, prevention is always preferable to mitigation of pain.
- CustMbite Nightguard
- If you have mild to moderate teeth clenching or grinding at night, use our customizable Nightguard. It's comfortable, flexible, and easy to wear night after night.
- CustMbite Hard Surface Nightguard
- The Hard Surface Nightguard is also customizable, but it's a little more heavy-duty. If you have more severe teeth clenching or grinding, this is the nightguard that can stand up to it.
- CustMbite Snoring System
- If your TMJ is accompanied by heavy snoring, then the Snoring System is for you. It's made with the same material as our nightguards and features tori, which gently move your tongue out of the airway so you don't snore. Unlike harmful, ineffective snoring devices, it doesn't attempt to move your jaw.
The CustMbite family of natural TMJ remedy products is made with our patented VistaMaxx material, which does not absorb saliva or bacteria. This keeps them clean and clear as you wear them night after night. They are safe and easy to use and are cleared by the FDA. Each guard comes in a handy case to store it in when not in use.
We also offer our CustMbite All Natural Oral Appliance Cleaner, which makes it easy to clean your device. Just spray, wipe, and rinse. Don't forget to clean the case as well.
The VistaMaxx material is completely customizable to your individual bite. When you first receive your mouthguard, whichever one you choose, you will take just two minutes to fit it to your bite. There is no dangerous boiling water involved as there is with other, inferior mouthguard products.
If you wear braces, this moldability is great news for you. That's because, as your bite changes, you can remold any of CustMbite's mouthguards to fit your new bite instead of buying a new nightguard each time your bite changes. Each CustMbite TMJ device comes with instructions for users with braces so you can remold them as many times as you need to.
WHAT’S THE BEST NATURAL TREATMENT FOR TMJ?
The best treatment for TMJ is the least invasive one that works for you. Many natural TMJ methods provide patients like you with measurable pain relief. However, it’s important to choose an at-home TMJ treatment that you can incorporate into your daily routine with ease. Consistency is key, particularly with natural TMJ pain management methods, and wearing a mouthguard for TMJ is so easy you can do it in your sleep. Along with TMJ exercises, relaxation techniques, and heat and cold therapy, wearing a mouthguard is a quick and easy way to address the discomfort caused by TMJ. For a natural way to address TMJ pain, get a mouth guard for TMJ from CustMbite today.