What Makes a Good Dental Nightguard?
A dental nightguard is the go-to solution prescribed by dental professionals for those who suffer from nighttime bruxism (teeth grinding) or mild to moderate TMJ disorder. There are a few different types of dental nightguards, but the most effective one is a nightguard that is custom-fit to your unique bite. It’s also important that a nightguard be comfortable, because it doesn’t do you any good if you’re not willing to wear it all night, every night. Our CustMbite Nightguard is moldable to your teeth and very comfortable to wear.
Continue reading to learn more about the symptoms you may experience if you need a nightguard and how the CustMbite Nightguard can help to provide superior protection to your teeth and jaw.
Symptoms That May Mean You Need a Nightguard
The most obvious symptom that indicates you should use a nightguard is if you clench or grind your teeth at night. Of course, you may not be aware of doing so. The following are symptoms that you may be suffering from bruxism.
- If you have teeth that are worn down, flat, fractured, or chipped, you may be experiencing nighttime bruxism.
- If you have severe tooth pain caused by your tooth’s enamel being worn down enough to expose inner layers, the cause could be bruxism. You might have to have dental work done to save your tooth or teeth. Using a nightguard could help to prevent further damage.
- Increased tooth pain or sensitivity can result from bruxism. There are other causes of these symptoms, so it’s best to see a dentist and determine what the exact cause is. If it’s bruxism, your dentist will likely recommend a nightguard.
- If your jaw locks up at times and is hard to open or close, that may indicate TMJ disorder. A quality nightguard is a common way to alleviate the symptoms of TMJ disorder.
- If you wake up with tired or tight jaw muscles, that may also be a sign of TMJ disorder.
- Experiencing pain in your face or neck upon waking can indicate TMJ disorder or nighttime bruxism.
- If you have pain in your ear but your doctor sees no cause related to your ear canal, you could be suffering from TMJ disorder. The inflammation of your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) can cause a block in your ear canal that can lead to earaches. In the most severe cases, it can even lead to hearing loss.
- Sometimes people with nighttime bruxism or TMJ disorder experience a dull headache that begins at the temples. There can be other causes for this type of headache, so work with your doctor to rule out the possibilities and start using a nightguard if bruxism or TMJ disorder seem to be the likely culprits.
- If you have a sleep partner, it’s possible that you could be waking them up with the sound of grinding your teeth. That’s an excellent indicator that you have nighttime bruxism and should be using a nightguard to help both you and your sleep partner get a good night’s sleep.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help with bruxism and TMJ disorder?
The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which was developed by dental professionals to remain comfortable yet stay tough enough to protect your teeth while sleeping. When you first receive your nightguard, you will take just a couple of minutes to mold it to your teeth, providing even more comfort. Complete molding instructions are included with the nightguard and can be found on our website.
Once you have followed the fitting instructions, the nightguard will develop a snug fit around your teeth, so you don’t need to worry about it falling out at night even if you toss and turn a lot in your sleep.
If you have braces, it may have been a struggle to find an affordable nightguard that works for you, but no longer: the CustMbite Nightguard will work perfectly. You won’t have to buy a new nightguard each time your teeth move either. You can remold the CustMbite Nightguard each time your bite changes and again when the braces come off for good.
If you’re worried about the safety of wearing a nightguard each night, the CustMbite Nightguard is for you. It has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA. It does not contain BPA, PVC, latex, or phthalates. It does not absorb bacteria and is easy to clean. All you have to do is wash it with mild soap and warm water each morning, or you can toss it (in its case) in the dishwasher. It’s the perfect combination of easy to use, comfortable to wear, and simple to maintain.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard?
If you’re looking for an affordable and effective way to alleviate symptoms from nighttime teeth grinding and clenching, the CustMbite Nightguard is for you. Order the best dental nightguard online today in the color of your choice and experience your best night’s sleep!
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.