smile and comfort in mind
WHY PEOPLE NEED DENTAL SLEEP SOLUTIONS
If you suffer from nighttime bruxism, which manifests as teeth grinding, clenching, or gnashing during sleep, you may need a quality dental sleep solution like the CustMbite Nightguard. The nightguard can help mitigate the consequences of bruxism, which can be mild, moderate, or severe. Moderate pain in the jaw, face, neck, or ear may be relieved by wearing a nightguard that prevents your teeth from grinding together every night. Better yet, if you start using a nightguard early enough, you can prevent more serious effects like worn tooth enamel that exposes deeper layers of the tooth, as well as fractured, flattened, chipped, or even loose teeth. If you have dull headaches that start at the temples, these may be caused by bruxism, and may be helped by using the CustMbite Nightguard.
Bruxism is closely linked with stress, anger, and frustration. Therefore, relaxing before bedtime can help you prepare for a deeper and more refreshing sleep. In addition to using the CustMbite Nightguard to lessen the effects of bruxism, there are bedtime routines that can help you relax before you go to sleep. Continue reading to learn about how your bedtime routine can help relax you before sleep and how the CustMbite Nightguard works to mitigate the consequences of mild to severe bruxism.
IDEAS FOR A RELAXING BEDTIME ROUTINE
- Start your bedtime routine at approximately the same time each night. Your body will become used to preparing for sleep at this time and make relaxing before bed easier.
- Your bedtime routine can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in length.
- Eating right before bed is a bad idea, but if you need a near-bedtime snack, try oatmeal, nuts, or yogurt to boost your melatonin, a hormone that helps your body prepare for sleep.
- Don’t drink alcohol before bed, as it lowers your melatonin levels and makes it harder to fall and stay asleep.
- Make a bedtime playlist. Studies show that listening to music before bed can help encourage sleep and improve sleep quality. The same is true for white noise or nature sounds. They can help slow your thoughts, relax your muscles, and dissolve your anxiety.
- Turn off screens an hour before bedtime. The blue light emitted by the TV, computer, or phone stimulates your brain and makes it difficult to fall asleep.
- Keep your bedroom as dark as possible when you actually go to bed.
- Lower the temperature in your bedroom to about 65º. This has been shown to be the best temperature for sleep. Your body will react to the cooler temperature and you’ll start to get drowsy.
- Shower or bathe away the day’s stress. Even if you shower in the morning, taking a quick, warm shower or bath before bed can prepare you to sleep well.
- If you’re feeling anxious about the next day, create a to-do list each night. By getting all the ideas out of your head and onto paper, your mind is free to drift off into relaxing thoughts.
- If you have more thoughts about the day than what fits in a to-do list, use a journal and write about them. Take 10-15 minutes to write about whatever is on your mind. This is a good alternative to screen activity.
- Similarly, you can read before you go to bed. It might be a good idea to read something you’re familiar with or at the least, not a page-turning thriller.
- Relax your muscles and mind through a meditation session before bed.
- Drink something warm like a cup of tea or cocoa. Obviously, it should be caffeine-free.
The CustMbite Nightguard is the best nightguard on the market for several reasons. First, it was designed with the help of dental professionals and is made of our patented VistaMaxx material. The material is flexible enough for your nightguard to be comfortable and strong enough to prevent your teeth from grinding or clenching together night after night.
When you first receive your CustMbite Nightguard, you will custom-fit it to your teeth. This takes just a couple of minutes and complete instructions come with each nightguard. You can even fit it to your teeth if you wear braces. This custom fitting has two important purposes. First, it helps the nightguard be especially comfortable. Second, it keeps it in place in your mouth all night.
You can rely on the CustMbite Nightguard to be safe and offer superior protection against teeth grinding. It’s been evaluated and cleared by the FDA and is free of phthalates, latex, PVC, and BPA. It doesn’t absorb saliva or bacteria so it’s easy to clean each morning after use.
The CustMbite Nightguard comes in both regular and petite sizes, so it can fit bruxism sufferers of all ages. It also comes in your choice of 5 colors. If sleep is difficult for you or your child due to bruxism, order the best dental sleep solution online today and experience a peaceful night’s sleep at last.