Who Needs a Jaw Clenching Mouthguard?
If you are suffering from the effects of bruxism (teeth grinding) or TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder, the first thing your dentist is likely to suggest you try is a jaw clenching mouthguard. A quality mouthguard like the CustMbite Nightguard will protect your teeth from the pain that can result from bruxism or TMJ disorder.
It’s hard to sleep through the night when you continue being woken up by pain or discomfort in your teeth. Your sleep partner may also be suffering from a lack of sleep. Losing sleep can cause a number of problems that range from annoying to potentially serious or even critical. Continue reading to learn some of the negative effects of a lack of sleep and to find out why the CustMbite Nightguard is the best jaw clenching mouthguard on the market.
Negative Effects of Sleep Deprivation
There are several consequences to short-term lack of sleep that make it much more difficult to get through your day. These include:
- A lack of alertness. Even if you only miss 1.5 hours of sleep due to painful teeth clenching or grinding, you can suffer from a lack of alertness that can affect your performance at your job, in sports, or in family activities.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness. If you lose sleep due to bruxism or TMJ disorder, you will likely feel tired the whole next day, constantly yawning and wishing you could just get a few more minutes of shut-eye. It’s hard to be present when you’re feeling this way, so relationships can suffer.
- Impaired memory. During sleep, your brain makes necessary connections that contribute to moving events and lessons learned during the day to your long-term memory. This process can suffer if you miss sleep continually.
- Relationship stress. Feeling tired all day can negatively affect your mood. You may be quicker to anger and more likely to experience conflicts with those around you. Over time, this can stress even the best of relationships.
- Quality of life. Losing sleep may reduce your quality of life by leading you to opt out of regular life activities and opportunities to have meaningful interactions with people.
- Decreased health. Another thing you don’t want to do when you are overly tired is exercise, whether officially working out or doing informal things like taking the steps instead of the elevator. Less exercise = less healthy.
- Increased likelihood of car accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration records thousands of car accidents, injuries, and fatalities each year that are caused by drowsy driving.
In addition to short-term effects, a chronic lack of sleep can cause some concerning long-term consequences. These include:
- Serious health problems. High blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart failure, heart attack, and stroke have all been linked to a chronic lack of sleep.
- Extreme mood issues. Sleep deprivation can lead to depression, obesity, and a decreased immune system.
- Appearance. Chronic lack of sleep can affect your appearance by leading to premature wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes.
- Increased stress. There is a link between chronic sleep deprivation and an increased cortisone (stress hormone) level, which also breaks down collagen, which normally keeps your skin smooth.
Obviously, sleep deprivation has nothing but negative consequences to your life. That’s why if you suffer from bruxism or TMJ disorder, you should use the best jaw clenching mouthguard available. It can help you get a good night’s sleep every night.
What is the best jaw clenching mouthguard?
Experts agree that the best jaw clenching mouthguard is one that is strong enough to keep your teeth from clenching or grinding together and comfortable enough that you are actually willing to wear it night after night. The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which fulfills both of these qualities and more.
When you first receive your CustMbite Nightguard, you will take just a couple of minutes to custom-fit it to your teeth. If you have braces, don’t worry—special instructions are included to fit the mouthguard to your teeth as well. This custom-fit makes the mouthguard comfortable to wear and keeps it in your mouth all night even if you are a restless sleeper.
The CustMbite Nightguard has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA. For your safety, it is free of PVC, BPA, phthalates, and latex. It does not absorb saliva, water, or bacteria so it’s easy to clean each day. It was designed for your protection and comfort with the help of dental professionals.
Where can I get the CustMbite Nightguard?
In addition to providing premium protection against teeth clenching and grinding, the CustMbite Nightguard comes in regular and petite sizes and in your choice of five colors—it’s stylish, comfortable, and effective. Order the best jaw clenching mouthguard online today and see how much better you can sleep each night.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.