The Best Night Tooth Guard for Grinding and Clenching Teeth
If you suffer from nighttime grinding or clenching of your teeth, you can benefit from the CustMbite Nightguard. Grinding, gnashing, or clenching your teeth is called bruxism. You may find that you suffer from bruxism during the day, which you can learn to be aware of, allowing yourself to unclench or stop grinding or gnashing your teeth. Nighttime bruxism is a different story because you’re not aware of what you’re doing during sleep. This can lead to situations in which you need other kinds of help. That’s where the CustMbite Nightguard comes in.
If you’re not sure if you suffer from nighttime bruxism, certain symptoms could help you find out. The following symptoms may indicate you suffer from bruxism during your sleep:
- Waking your partner by clenching or grinding your teeth loudly
- Your teeth are inexplicably flattened, chipped, fractured, or loose
- Your tooth enamel has worn down exposing deeper layers of the tooth
- Increased tooth pain or sensitivity with no obvious cause
- Pain or fatigue in jaw muscles, including a jaw that doesn’t want to open or close completely
- Jaw, neck, or face soreness in the morning
- Pain in the ear that is not caused by an ear infection
- A dull headache that starts in your temples and radiates from there
- Damage to the inside of your cheeks due to chewing them at night without being aware
- Waking yourself up with these types of painful symptoms or from the noise of your own teeth grinding or gnashing
If you have any one or more of these symptoms, you might be suffering from nighttime bruxism. Bruxism often occurs alongside sleep disorders like sleep apnea or snoring. Often, the cause of bruxism is added stress in your life. These days, that’s not uncommon and cases of bruxism are on the rise. To protect your teeth from the effects of bruxism symptoms, you can use a night tooth guard like the CustMbite Nightguard. Another thing you might try to help alleviate the symptoms of bruxism is developing a relaxing bedtime routine. Continue reading to learn some things you can do to sleep better with less stress at night and to learn how the CustMbite Nightguard works.
Methods to Use for a Good Night’s Sleep
- Being ready for a good night’s sleep begins during the day. Increasing your exposure to bright light during the day can help your body recognize that it’s time to sleep once it gets dark out.
- Canceling your blue light exposure (the kind that your electronic devices, including the TV, put out) at least an hour before bed can help your circadian rhythms understand it’s getting near time to sleep.
- Keeping your bedroom as dark as possible helps your body know it’s sleep time. This may mean using blackout curtains or a rug in front of a door if light shines through the bottom. It can also mean wearing a sleep mask if that works for you.
- Cut out caffeine after lunch. Even if it doesn’t make you feel “wired,” it can keep you awake at night and cause you greater stress, leading to more teeth grinding and clenching.
- Leave your bedroom cool at night. People sleep better in cool rather than warm environments.
- Take a warm bath or shower before bed. This can help ease you into the calm feeling you need to sleep well through the night.
- Drink milk — warm or cold — before bed. There are compounds in milk that can help you relax.
Anything you can do to develop a relaxing bedtime routine can help you sleep with less stress. Add your own ideas to this list and see if it helps. In the meantime, wear the CustMbite Nightguard to protect your teeth against the damage caused by bruxism.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help me sleep better?
The CustMbite Nightguard was engineered with the assistance of dental professionals who care about your comfort and protection. It’s made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is soft enough to wear comfortably night after night, but strong enough to prevent your teeth from clenching and grinding together during sleep.
The first thing you’ll do when you receive your CustMbite Nightguard is mold it to fit your teeth. This helps it stay in place overnight and makes it more comfortable to wear. If you have braces, the CustMbite Nightguard is perfect for you, because it can be molded right over your braces. As your teeth move and your bite changes, you can simply remold the device, saving you time and money by not having to buy a new night tooth guard each time your teeth are adjusted.
Where can I get the CustMbite Nightguard?
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed by professionals for your comfort and protection from nighttime bruxism. Whether you have braces or not, it can be a good solution to the pain caused by teeth clenching and grinding. It’s an affordable option to more expensive devices that you can buy through your dentist’s office, and provides the same type of protection. Order the best night tooth guard on the market today and see what a relief wearing the CustMbite Nightguard can be!
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.