Who Needs a Nightguard?
If you wake up with a sore jaw or any other symptoms that indicate you may have bruxism or TMJ disorder, you may need a CustMbite Nightguard. Our nightguards help alleviate some of the discomfort caused by either bruxism or TMJ disorder, especially symptoms related to grinding and clenching your teeth.
If you wake up with pain in your head, jaw, teeth, or ears, you may be suffering from bruxism, which is another word for grinding your teeth, especially at night. You may also experience sensitive teeth or an ache in a specific tooth. In severe cases, your bruxism or TMJ disorder may even have worn down or cracked your teeth. The number one go-to recommendation from doctors for cases of bruxism or TMJ disorder is a customized nightguard like the CustMbite Nightguard.
Continue reading to learn more about how a lack of sleep can affect you and how the CustMbite Nightguard can help you get better sleep by protecting you from the often-painful effects of grinding and clenching your teeth.
9 Effects From a Lack of Sleep Due to Teeth Grinding or Clenching
- Memory problems. Your brain forms important connections during sleep that help you retain information. Both short- and long-term memory can be negatively affected by losing sleep due to the effects of nighttime bruxism or to TMJ disorder.
- Mood problems. Missing out on the proper amount of sleep can make you moody, overly emotional, and quick-tempered. If you continue to lose sleep over a long period of time, these mood changes may even result in anxiety or depression.
- Weakened immunity. Getting enough sleep every night helps to boost your immune system, so losing sleep can weaken it. You may have a harder time fighting off viruses that cause illnesses like the common cold or the flu. That means that you’re more likely to get sick from these common germs if you’re not sleeping well on a regular basis.
- Risk of diabetes. Sleep affects your body’s natural insulin production and release. Insulin is important because it lowers your blood sugar to the correct amount within your cells. When you lose sleep over a long period of time, you are at higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Trouble with thinking and concentration. Skills like creativity, concentration, and problem-solving abilities suffer when you don’t get enough sleep. This can affect your performance at work or during everyday activities.
- Accidents. When you don’t get the right amount of sleep, you may notice yourself getting drowsy during the daytime. You’re at higher risk for car accidents or other types of accidents when you aren’t sleeping well. Not only can you be a danger to yourself, but you could also end up harming others.
- High blood pressure. If you sleep for fewer than five hours a night, you have an increased risk for high blood pressure. This can affect your heart in negative ways and lead to more serious problems.
- Weight gain. When you lose too much sleep, the chemicals in your body that signal you are full get knocked out of balance. The result is that you don’t know when you’ve had enough to eat. In fact, you remain hungry, which leads to eating more. You’re also more likely to choose quick, easy, unhealthy snacks when you’re sleep deprived.
- Poor balance. Losing sleep can negatively affect your balance and coordination, which can lead to accidents. If you’re involved in sports, this can be especially problematic.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help me sleep better?
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed with the help of dental professionals for your comfort and ease of use. It’s more comfortable than standard nightguards for teeth because it is not big and bulky the way so many are. Instead, it’s made with our patented VistaMaxx material, which is thin enough to be comfortable and tough enough to provide protection from the pressure of your teeth grinding and clenching at night.
To make it even more comfortable, the CustMbite Nightguard is custom-fit to your teeth. When you first receive it, follow the included instructions on how to mold the nightguard to your teeth.
If you have braces, many other nightguards may not work for you, but ours does. You can mold it onto your teeth right over your braces. And you don’t have to worry about buying a new nightguard every time your teeth move or when your braces come off—you can remold the CustMbite Nightguard as many times as you need to.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard for myself?
If you’re looking for an effective and affordable way to mitigate the effects of bruxism or TMJ disorder, the CustMbite Nightguard is perfect for you. Our nightguard has been cleared by the FDA and is free of BPA, PVC, latex, and phthalates. Order the best nightguard for teeth online today, and see how much better you can sleep.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.