Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
WHAT TMJ DISORDER IS AND WHAT CAUSES IT
The TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, connects your jaw to your skull just below your ears on each side of your face. When people say they suffer from “TMJ,” they usually refer to a disorder in which the joint is out of alignment. When the joint is working properly, you can speak, chew, yawn, and perform other tasks with your mouth without discomfort. If you have TMJ, you may notice that you hear popping or crackling sounds when you chew or feel discomfort or even pain around the joint itself if you have TMJ disorder. There are a number of relief options for the symptoms of TMJ, and practicing one or more of them may help reduce the ache. Continue reading to learn some TMJ relief options and how the CustMbite Nightguard can help mitigate the effects of TMJ symptoms.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP RELIEVE TMJ PAIN?
- Pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be used to help alleviate minor discomfort caused by TMJ disorder.
- Muscle relaxers may be prescribed by your doctor if you have severe TMJ irritation.
- Nightguards like the CustMbite Nightguard can help to decrease the effects of jaw clenching and teeth grinding when you are asleep. These habits can lead to severe pain in your jaw, teeth, mouth, neck, shoulders, and back. It’s wise to continue using a sleep guard for TMJ each night even after the pain is gone as regular use may decrease the chances of the soreness returning.
- Mouth guards can be custom-made by your dentist or doctor to realign your jaw.
- Warm towels applied to the area of the temporomandibular joint may ease discomfort.
- Ice packs can also help mitigate the pain. However, it’s important to note that they should not be used for more than 15 minutes each hour and to keep a towel between the ice and your skin.
- Stress relief techniques like meditation, yoga, tai chi, or another calming practice may help you relax. Avoiding extra stress and tension can help you avoid the teeth clenching and grinding that often result, even when you’re awake and not paying special attention to your jaw.
- Physical therapy professionals can show you a number of jaw exercises to do that can help relieve soreness. Some of these include the relaxed jaw exercise, goldfish exercises, chin tucks, tongue up, and side-to-side jaw movement, among others. Once your therapist has demonstrated the exercises and seen that you are doing them correctly, you can perform them throughout the day to continuously reduce any pain.
- A soft diet can give your temporomandibular joint time to relax. You can continue eating soft foods for as long as it takes to notice a marked improvement.
- Avoid chewing gum, biting your lower lip, and biting your nails, as all of these habits can wreak havoc on your jaw if you have a TMJ disorder.
- Good posture may help you avoid TMJ pain in the long term.
- Limit large movements of the jaw, such as yawning or singing.
A doctor or dentist can give you additional suggestions that are appropriate for your situation. While surgery is a possibility, most medical professionals discourage it and many won’t even perform the procedure. The purpose of the surgery is to reposition the temporomandibular joint in the correct location, but the surgery can be dangerous and doesn’t have a promising success rate. Incorporating home remedies like these can be an affordable way to address the symptoms of TMJ.
HOW CAN THE CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD HELP ME GET TMJ RELIEF?
Nightguards for TMJ relief are designed to provide a durable cushion for your teeth to relieve the pressure caused by clenching or grinding them during sleep. Many over-the-counter nightguard options are bulky and uncomfortable, but the CustMbite Nightguard is comfortable enough to wear night after night. Our sleep mouthguard was developed with the help of dental experts. Our patented VistaMaxx material provides superior protection and comfort. VistaMaxx provides a thin, durable, custom fit that you’ll be happy to wear. After all, a nightguard sitting on the bedside table doesn’t help relieve the symptoms of TMJ disorder at all.
The CustMbite Nightguard is both easy to use and easy to clean. When you first receive it, you only need a few minutes, a microwave, and a bowl of cold water to mold your new guard to your teeth. To clean it, you can either use a gentle soap and water, or you can simply toss it into the dishwasher. VistaMaxx does not absorb bacteria, saliva, or other harmful organisms, so it stays crystal-clear and odor-free.
WHERE CAN I GET A CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD?
The CustMbite Nightguard is BPA-free and FDA-cleared, so if you’re looking for pain relief for symptoms related to TMJ, bruxism, or other teeth and jaw disorders, you can’t go wrong with our thin, comfortable, custom-fit nightguard. Order the best nightguard for TMJ relief today!