smile and comfort in mind
What Gadgets are available for better sleep?
There are a variety of different gadgets available for better sleep, from white noise machines to weighted blankets. However, sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. Before investing hundreds of dollars into trying unproven methods, know this: You can get better sleep for less with a CustMbite sleep guard.
Bruxism is one of the most frequently diagnosed causes of poor sleep. Fortunately, it’s also one of the most treatable. Wearing a sleep guard has been shown to be a simple and truly effective way of quelling the symptoms of sleep bruxism. If you’re tired of waking up with headaches, jaw soreness, tooth sensitivity, or other symptoms, wearing a CustMbite mouthguard can help to alleviate these symptoms and more. Read on to learn more about mouthguards.
BEST GADGETS FOR BETTER SLEEP
There are many different products for better sleep. Many of them are effective, but they all have pros and cons. Some of the options you might try are:
- White noise machine: It seems counterintuitive, but noise can actually help you sleep better. Instead of unpredictable outside noises, all you hear is a consistent tone. White noise masks changes in noise that can disturb light sleepers or those who have trouble falling asleep. White noise machines can also be helpful for children and babies. However, white noise machines have some limitations. You may need to take your white noise machine with you when you travel, and they may disturb other people who share your sleeping space. They range from as low as $20 to over $100.
- Weighted blankets: Therapeutic blankets add 5 to 30 pounds. The pressure from the weight is similar to a therapy called deep pressure stimulation. Theoretically, weighted blankets help to reduce sleep onset time and the number of times people wake during the night. Studies do suggest an overall benefit to the use of weighted blankets in terms of treating sleep disorders. However, weighted blankets are difficult to travel with. They are also expensive: prices range from $100 to well over $500.
- Earplugs: The use of earplugs is a more affordable way to help those who find outside noises distracting. Made of foam or wax, earplugs provide a physical barrier to sound. Though they can be had for less than $5, their efficacy varies. Some people don’t enjoy wearing earplugs or find that their ear canals aren’t shaped in a way that is amenable to earplugs. Consistent wear of earplugs can also cause ear infections.
- Sleep guard: Sleep guards form a barrier between your teeth so that you can sleep more restfully. If you grind your teeth at night, bruxism helps to relieve the pressure on your teeth and strain on the muscles of your jaw. Wearing a sleep guard is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to sleep better, and it’s more portable and reliable than other options. Sleep guards can be purchased over-the-counter or from a dentist for anywhere from $10 to hundreds of dollars for a custom-fit guard.
MOUTHGUARDS CAN HELP YOU SLEEP BETTER
Millions of Americans suffer from sleep troubles because of bruxism, but luckily, it’s one of the easiest afflictions to treat. For many people, wearing a mouthguard for bruxism can help you get better sleep. But how do you pick the right night guard? Here are a few things to look for:
- A good mouthguard should be easy to fit. If a guard requires you to boil water and sit with the mold in your mouth for several minutes, it’s not convenient. Guards from CustMbite require only a microwave, cold water, and a couple of minutes of your time.
- The best sleep guards can be kept clean with minimal care. Some bruxism guards require you to purchase separate cleaners or soak your mouthguard in a special solution. CustMbite guards are nonporous so it’s easy to wash away saliva and bacteria with just water and a toothbrush - or just toss it into the dishwasher.
- A great night guard has to be comfortable. After all, you won’t get any of the benefits of a night guard if you aren’t wearing it. Unlike other OTC mouthguards, CustMbite doesn’t rely on thick materials to provide shock absorption. Our guards are thin, making it easy to speak, drink water, and breathe while you’re wearing one.
GET BETTER SLEEP WITH A NIGHT GUARD
Whether you’re looking for the best gadgets for better sleep or seeking special gifts for better sleep for a loved one, try a CustMbite mouthguard. At CustMbite, we think that wearing a nightguard should be a pleasant experience. After all, wearing a nightguard is all about getting better sleep! When you choose an FDA-cleared CustMbite nightguard, you get an affordable, comfortable mouthguard delivered directly to your door. When you’re ready to experience a better night’s rest, get the best nightguard available today.