Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
DENTAL PROBLEMS ON THE RISE DURING THE PANDEMIC
Throughout the country, evidence indicates that there are increased numbers of people suffering from dental problems related to the Covid-19 pandemic. There are two primary reasons for this. First, during the earlier days of the pandemic, dentists in most areas were unavailable except for emergency services. Many patients have chosen to delay their biannual exams as well, meaning simple issues may turn into bigger problems over time.
Another reason our teeth are more vulnerable during the pandemic is because of the stress caused by having our lives turned inside out. We’re working at home, teaching our kids at home, and it can be hard to know what’s safe. The pandemic has placed a lot of mental stress on people around the world.
Stress can manifest itself as physical problems too, such as an upset stomach or clenching and grinding your teeth. If you’ve noticed that you wake up with unexplained headaches, jaw pain, or even neck and shoulder discomfort, it could be a sign that stress is causing you to clench and grind your teeth during sleep. This is also a contributor to TMJ disorder, which happens when your temporomandibular joint connecting your jaw to your skull comes out of alignment. Continue reading to learn more about how you can combat these physical symptoms of mental stress, and how our CustMbite Nightguard can help if you’re experiencing nighttime clenching and grinding of your teeth.
GETTING QUALITY SLEEP
If stress and anxiety are causing you to grind your teeth during sleep, it can make it more difficult for you to fall asleep or stay asleep. Self care is important for restful sleep. Check out the following tips and incorporate one, two, or a combination into your daily routine.
- Expose yourself to bright light during the day. This helps to regulate your circadian rhythm, which is the internal wake/sleep clock that all people have.
- Reduce your exposure to blue light in the evening. It can signal to your body that daytime lasts longer than it really does.
- Only consume caffeine in the morning, and no later than lunchtime.
- Avoid napping during the day. If you’re napping because you can’t sleep well, pushing through a day may be all the help you need to get an entire night’s sleep and break the cycle. If you need to nap, try to take short naps before midafternoon.
- Go to bed and wake up at consistent times. Even on the weekends, try not to go off-schedule by more than a half an hour or so. This helps your body remember when to go to sleep and when to wake up.
- Ask your doctor if taking melatonin is right for you. Melatonin is a natural hormone that acts to calm your mind when it’s time to go to sleep.
- Don’t drink alcohol to help you get to sleep. While it might help you fall asleep, it won’t help you stay asleep.
- Keep your bedroom temperature relatively cool, as this can help you sleep better.
- Keep your bedroom as dark as possible. A dark bedroom tells your mind and body that it’s time to sleep.
- Relax and clear your mind before bedtime. You can take a warm bath, have an herbal tea, meditate, or all of these.
- Get regular exercise, but not too close to bedtime. Not only can it improve your sleep, but it can also boost your overall health.
- Insert a CustMbite Nightguard before bed if you tend to wake up in the night or morning with sore teeth, jaw, or neck due to teeth clenching and grinding.
HOW DOES THE CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD HELP ME SLEEP BETTER?
By providing a durable cushion between your top and bottom teeth, a CustMbite Nightguard can help you get more restful sleep. Wearing a sleep mouthguard allows you to wake up without the discomfort of a headache or jaw pain by relieving the pressure caused by clenching or grinding your teeth during the night.
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed with the help of dental experts for your comfort and convenience. The nightguard is thin enough that it’s comfortable to wear night after night while also being strong enough to resist the pressure of clenching and grinding. Our patented VistaMaxx material is easy to care for, so you can clean your nightguard with soap and water or simply by tossing them into the dishwasher along with the dinner dishes. Everything about the CustMbite Nightguard is designed to enhance your well-being, during the pandemic and beyond.
WHERE CAN I GET A CUSTMBITE NIGHTGUARD?
The CustMbite Nightguard is a dentist-quality mouthguard at a much more affordable price than a custom guard you could order from your dentist, and it takes less than five minutes to mold (or remold) to your teeth. Prevent the pain of cracked or broken teeth due to clenching and grinding at night by ordering the best nightguard today!