Caring for Your Body and Mind During a Pandemic
The ongoing stresses of the Covid-19 pandemic have an effect on your whole life. Stress and anxiety take a toll on your physical health as well as your mental health. There are a number of studies that show anxiety, stress, and negative thought patterns have increased among people of all ages during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, distressed, or depressed due to the pandemic, you can take proactive steps to help yourself relax and shift your viewpoint.
If you’re experiencing signs of stress like headaches or a sore jaw or neck, you could be acting out your stress as you sleep by clenching or grinding your teeth. Practicing relaxation techniques such as those shared below can help you reduce this nighttime behavior, as can the use of a nightguard such as our CustMbite Nightguard. Read on to learn a few self-care techniques and tips that can help you stay centered, both during the pandemic and beyond.
Six Stress-Relief Techniques and Tips
- Stay connected with friends, family, and coworkers. If you’re spending the majority of your time at home, it’s important to stay connected with others. Zoom meetings are one way to stay in touch with coworkers. You can participate in online games or commit to health challenges with friends and family to stay in touch. You could even revive the age-old habit of handwriting letters to send to one another. However you choose to reach out, talking about your worries and concerns with friends and family can be an effective way to diffuse anxiety.
- Get moving. While you may not be able to go to the gym, adding movement to your day is an essential element to relieve tension and reduce stress hormones. Whether you choose a home workout video, a walk or hike outside, or strenuous housecleaning, exercise produces feel-good chemicals in your brain that help it stay more resilient and reduce anxiety.
- Practice meditation and mindful breathing. Practicing a meditation routine for even a few minutes a day gives your mind and body a chance to recharge. When you turn away from stress and focus on your strengths, worries can be viewed objectively so you can let them go. You can meditate anytime you want to ground and center yourself.
- Do something special for yourself. This could be reading a book you love, coloring your hair a wild shade you’ve always wanted, or whitening your teeth so once the mask comes off, you can show off your brilliant smile. Our CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit is an excellent choice if you go the teeth whitening route.
- Get the right amount of sleep. Being stuck at home during a pandemic may make you feel like sleeping all the time or it may be difficult for you to sleep. Either way, determine the number of hours you need to feel rested, awake, and ready to go the next day (typically between 7 and 9 hours each night for adults) and be sure to get that amount. During stressful times, t is critical to find a sleep routine that works for you. You might try drinking a mug of chamomile tea or taking a warm bath just before bed. If you’re waking up because of tooth or jaw pain caused by grinding or clenching your teeth at night, try the CustMbite Nightguard to help you get more restful sleep.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. These substances may make you feel good in the moment, but habitual use can increase anxiety over time. If you’re finding it hard to sleep, limit your caffeine intake to the morning hours. And while you may feel that drinking alcohol helps you get to sleep, you may not stay asleep.
How can the CustMbite Nightguard help relieve stress?
Stress frequently manifests itself in our bodies as physical stress. Have you noticed that you clench your teeth more often or grind your teeth since the beginning of the pandemic? This is a very common way for stress to present itself. Wearing a nightguard may help to prevent damage to your teeth from clenching and grinding at night. The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is flexible and thin, yet strong enough to hold up to the pressure of grinding night after night. The mouthguard is BPA-free and FDA-cleared, so you’ll enjoy a dentist-quality product for less than half the price.
Where do I get the CustMbite Nightguard or CustMbite Smile Whitening Kit?
For affordable dental care, whether relieving pain or brightening your smile, you can trust CustMbite products. They’re created with the aid of dental professionals and made for your comfort and ease of use. Engage in some self-care and get yourself the best nightguard and the highest-quality smile whitening kit today.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.