Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
HOW BRUXISM AFFECTS CHILDREN
Bruxism, or unintentional teeth grinding and clenching, can affect people of any age. One of the main triggers for bruxism is stress. Children have been experiencing more and more stress lately, with at-home schooling, restrictions on participating in many of their normal hobbies, and isolation from the friends they’re used to seeing almost every day. This extra stress makes itself evident in many ways, and one of them may be nighttime bruxism. The first line of protection against symptoms related to nighttime bruxism is a quality bruxism guard like the CustMbite Nightguard for children.
Continue reading to learn of ways you can help reduce stress in your child and to learn more about how the CustMbite Nightguard can help reduce the impact of nighttime bruxism in children.
WAYS TO HELP REDUCE STRESS IN CHILDREN
- Comment on feelings you observe in your child. If they are upset, for example, you can say in a casual tone, “I notice you seemed upset after we left the playground.” Don’t put them on the spot, but show that you care and are interested in their emotions and what they may have to say about the situation.
- Listen to your child as they describe what is upsetting them. Show patience, interest, caring, and openness. Don’t judge their feelings or jump in with a quick fix before they have had their say. Don’t blame them, get angry, or tell them what they should have done in the situation. Just take the time to hear and really listen to what they are experiencing.
- By repeating back what your child tells you, you let your child know that you understand and care what’s going on with them. Saying things like, “I can understand why you were mad when your sister wouldn’t play with you,” lets them know you hear what they are saying, you understand how they are feeling, and you care.
- Help your child label their feelings. Maybe they only know mad and sad, or don’t know how to express frustration. Helping them learn more detailed descriptions of how they are feeling gives them an emotional vocabulary that better helps them communicate. It helps kids more accurately recognize their own emotions and makes them less likely to boil over with a feeling they can’t describe.
- If your child is upset due to a specific situation, help them come up with ideas of what they can do to fix it. Encourage them to think of different things to do—having their own ideas can help them feel more confident. Steer them away from choices like hitting or yelling, but let them do a good deal of the work.
- Don’t focus on the problem beyond where your child is interested. If expressing their feelings seems to be enough to cool them off, point them towards something more positive and relaxing afterward. Give the problem the attention it deserves, but don’t dwell on it.
- If you’re able to remove or alleviate stressful situations, do so. If not, discuss ongoing coping techniques with your child.
- Don’t leave your child alone if they choose not to talk about what’s bothering them. Often, they just need you to be there, available if they want to talk. Keeping them company and spending time with them gives them the security they need to eventually talk through what they are feeling.
- Stay patient. Resist the urge to fix everything for your child. It may feel good in the short term, but allowing them to go through difficult situations and have a hand in the solution gives them the ability to handle life’s ups and downs.
Experts agree that a custom-fit bruxism guard is the best way to deal with nighttime bruxism, whether in adults or in children. The CustMbite Nightguard can be easily fit to your youth’s teeth and comes in a choice of colors: blue, pink, navy, black, or clear. Allowing them to choose the color of their bruxism guard can help them feel ownership of it and make them more likely to wear it throughout the night.
The CustMbite Nightguard does not absorb bacteria or other organisms and is easy to clean. Your child can just wash it with warm water and gentle soap each morning and it will be ready to use again in the night. The CustMbite Nightguard is the best bruxism guard on the market for children who deal with nighttime bruxism.
If you’re looking for an affordable and effective way to deal with your child’s nighttime bruxism, the CustMbite Nightguard is perfect for you. Because you can remold it to fit your child as they grow (and even remold it to fit braces if they need them), you don’t have to keep buying new bruxism guards as their teeth change. Order the best bruxism guard online today and see how it can change your child’s outlook each morning!