Which Kids Need Nightguards?
If you notice that your child grinds or clenches their teeth, they may need to use a nightguard. It’s possible that they only do the clenching or grinding while they’re asleep, so there are other things you can look for. If their teeth seem to be getting worn down or chipped, cracked, or broken, it’s possible that it’s from bruxism, or grinding their teeth. If they wake up with unexplained aches in their jaw, face, neck, or ear, it could be due to bruxism or TMJ disorder. Either way, the best nightguard on the market for these ailments is the youth CustMbite Nightguard.
With the recent increase in stress among people of all ages, especially children, there has been an increase in bruxism in youth. That being said, there is really no agreement among research professionals about what causes teeth grinding and clenching. The best thing you can do to help your child is create an environment that is as free of stress as possible. Continue reading to learn ways you can accomplish this and to learn how the CustMbite Nightguard can help your child if they do exhibit symptoms of bruxism.
How to Lower the Chances of Your Child Grinding Their Teeth
- Make your child’s lunch the night before school. Let them help or let them know what it is so there’s no last-minute arguing before it’s time to head to school.
- Have them choose clothes to lay out each night so they know what to put on in the morning. By being able to choose their own clothes, there will be less likelihood of them worrying about what to wear each day.
- Have all homework finished and in their school bag the night before school. This includes signed permission slips and other important school papers.
- Control your own anxiety on a daily basis. Your kids feed off what they feel from you, so if you’re tense and nervous, they are likely to be too.
- Let your child choose how to decorate their room so that it’s calming for them. You may not think that bright blue and neon green are calming colors, but if that’s what your child loves, decorate their room that way.
- Encourage your child to sleep without a nightlight unless that causes a greater amount of stress for them. People sleep better in a fully dark room, but if your child is terrified, they won’t tend to sleep very well or calmly.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of exercise every day. This can be from a combination of organized sports and play and general movement doing the kinds of things children like to do. If you’re stuck indoors because of the weather, come up with active things for them to do in the home, like play video games that require movement or play tag up and down the stairs (carefully).
- Give your child positive reinforcement about their sleep habits. There’s no point making them feel bad about something they can’t control. Encourage them to wear their nightguard because it will feel better for them and make sure they know it’s not a punishment for “bad” behavior.
- Snuggle with your child and read books together before bed.
How does the CustMbite Nightguard help alleviate my child’s symptoms?
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed with the aid of dental professionals. The nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is strong enough to help prevent your child from grinding their teeth each night. It’s also supple enough to allow them to speak clearly, drink water, and breathe easily while wearing it.
Perhaps the best feature of the VistaMaxx material is that it is moldable and remoldable. When your child first receives their CustMbite Nightguard, you’ll take a couple of minutes to fit it to their teeth exactly. Of course, children’s bites change on a regular basis, what with losing baby teeth, growing adult teeth, and the changes in the size of the jaw. Rather than having to buy a new nightguard each time your child’s bite changes, your child can simply remold the CustMbite Nightguard when necessary. This helps make an already affordable dental device a perfect fit for your child.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard for my child?
If you’re looking for an effective remedy to nighttime bruxism in your child that is also affordable, the CustMbite Nightguard is a perfect choice. It has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA. It’s free of BPA, PVC, latex, and phthalates. Maybe best of all, there’s no risk. We’re so sure it will work for your child, we offer a money-back guarantee. You can even let your child choose the color of their nightguard, whether they prefer clear, pink, blue, navy, or black. If you want a dentist-quality nightguard for your child at half the price, order the best nightguard online today. Your child’s teeth may benefit immeasurably.
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.