Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
Bruxism is a condition in which you grind, clench, or gnash your teeth, either during the day or when sleeping. Teeth grinding in children is not an uncommon phenomenon. The more everyday stress that is put on children, the more common it is becoming. That’s because, while the exact cause of bruxism is not known, one of the strongest links to bruxism is a high degree of stress. The Covid virus has caused a great disruption in the lives of all of our children and puts a great deal more stress on them than ever before. That’s why, if you have a teeth grinding child, you need to get some help. Luckily, that’s an easy thing to do with the CustMbite Nightguard.
The CustMbite Nightguard is made in both adult and petite sizes, so if your child is grinding their teeth, there is a nightguard made for them. Not only do we make the best nightguard for kids, but both the adult and petite sizes come in your child’s (or your) choice of five different colors. Continue reading to learn of ways you can help reduce the stress in your child’s life and to learn how the CustMbite Nightguard can help mitigate the more painful effects of teeth grinding in children.
10 WAYS TO HELP REDUCE STRESS IN YOUR CHILD’S LIFE
- Free up their schedule. Kids need downtime to just “be”. Kids are expected to do an awful lot these days, including school, sports, music lessons, and more. What they need is a chunk of free hours when they don’t have to watch the clock and can do what they want with their time.
- Make play a priority. Kids need time to play without pressure, meaning football or softball practice doesn’t count for this purpose. The kind of play without pressure they need could be riding their bikes, hiking, tossing a ball for fun without keeping score. By combining playtime with physical activity, you double down on their sense of well-being.
- Sleep is vital. It can minimize stress, boost your child’s mood, and help in their school performance. Create a sleep-friendly environment. Remove all electronics from the bedroom and initiate a bedtime ritual to help your child relax and fall asleep quickly at bedtime.
- Manage your stress. Stress is contagious and when parents are stressed out, their kids are stressed out, too. Don’t just teach your child how to relax, but model a lifestyle that includes relaxation. This might mean loosening up your own schedule for your child’s benefit.
- Make mornings calmer. Prepare everything possible the night before including meals, which clothes to wear, and taking showers. That way your child can pop out of bed, have a healthy breakfast, and start their day on a high note.
- Prepare your child to make mistakes. Reducing stress isn’t always about having nothing negative in their life. Sometimes it means dealing with disappointment or frustration calmly. Teaching them mindfulness or even meditation can help with this. Make sure they understand that there will be bumps in the road so they are not as upset when they come around. Teach them to focus on what comes next, whether it’s an apology, a fix-it, acceptance, or all of the above.
The CustMbite Nightguard is designed with your child’s comfort and protection in mind. Some of the serious consequences of bruxism include pain in the jaw, face, ear, neck, and even shoulders. Our youth nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which is strong enough to stop your child’s teeth from grinding or clenching during sleep night after night. Since the nightguard only works if your child wears it, it’s also a flexible, comfortable material that your child can easily keep in their mouth all night.
When your child first receives their CustMbite Nightguard, they will take just a couple of minutes to custom-fit it to their teeth. They can do this whether or not they wear braces, which is a big plus for our nightguards. In fact, if your child does wear braces, they can remold their CustMbite Nightguard each time their teeth shift enough to warrant it, and then again once the braces come off. This customization helps the nightguard stay in place all night and also helps with the comfort factor. Your child will be able to drink water, breathe easily, and speak clearly with the nightguard in their mouth.
The CustMbite Nightguard has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA and is free of latex, PVC, phthalates, and BPA. It doesn’t absorb water, saliva, or bacteria, so it is easy to keep clean, clear, and fresh. Order your child the best nightguard online today and help them avoid the painful effects of bruxism.