Your Custom Nightguard
Fit your CustMbite nightguard in a few simple steps!
smile and comfort in mind
TEETH GRINDING AT NIGHT
Many people experience bruxism, or teeth grinding, during the night. No matter what the cause of this condition may be, the CustMbite Nightguard can help alleviate the effects suffered by teeth grinding at night. Bruxism can be caused by stress and anxiety, and it’s on the rise due to the increased level of stress we are facing. It can also be caused by an abnormal bite, missing teeth, or crooked teeth. Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea often lead to grinding teeth during the night as well.
If you tend to grind your teeth during the day, you‘re aware of when you are doing it and have the chance to stop it. The same is not true for nighttime bruxism, which is one reason why a quality nightguard can be so helpful. If you ignore nighttime bruxism or are not aware you are suffering from it, greater problems can occur. Continue reading to learn some of the effects of the symptoms of nighttime bruxism.
EFFECTS OF NIGHTTIME TEETH GRINDING
- Sore jaw. When you continually put pressure on your jaw and the surrounding muscles, soreness, stiffness, and pain can occur. If you have unexplained symptoms of this type, you might be suffering from nighttime bruxism.
- Excess wear on teeth. The continual force your teeth withstand when you grind or clench them over extended periods of time will eventually cause excess wear on your teeth. If you’re suffering from problems related to tooth enamel being damaged, you may be grinding your teeth during your sleep.
- Fractured teeth and fillings. Another serious consequence of bruxism is cracks that form in your teeth or fillings. These cracks can lead to a variety of additional problems.
- Tooth decay. If your enamel has been worn down or you have suffered cracks in your teeth or fillings, tooth decay can occur. This can cause pain that ranges from mildly uncomfortable to extremely painful. Left untreated, it can even end up resulting in tooth loss.
- Headaches. Migraines or headaches that are centered in your temple area can signal that you’re having a problem with teeth grinding that you’re not aware of.
- Earaches. Because the jaw bone rests so close to the ear canal, bruxism can lead to painful earaches in addition to (or instead of) jaw or tooth pain.
- Sleepless nights. Often, people sleep right through teeth grinding and clenching. However, if it’s paired with sleeping disorders like sleep apnea, the grinding can actually wake you up multiple times per night.
- TMJ disorder. The temporomandibular joint, or TMJ, can come out of alignment from continual teeth grinding or clenching. You may start to hear popping or crackling noises when you chew food or gum and you might have trouble opening or closing your jaw. See a doctor if this happens.
- Waking your partner. While you may sleep through your teeth grinding, it’s possible that the noise can wake up your partner. If they tell you that you’re grinding your teeth during the night, it’s time to start looking for a solution.
The CustMbite Nightguard is made of our patented VistaMaxx material, which was engineered with the aid of dental professionals. Our guard has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA and is BPA, PVC, latex, and phthalate-free for your health.
VistaMaxx is strong enough to stand up to teeth grinding night after night. If your teeth cannot directly contact each other, the damage teeth grinding can cause can be mitigated. Our nightguard is made for your comfort, allowing you to talk or drink water while you’re wearing it. This kind of comfort makes it more likely that you will wear it every night to experience the relief that it can provide.
When you first receive your CustMbite Nightguard, you’ll take a couple of minutes to mold it to your teeth. We include detailed instructions with the guard so you can easily accomplish this task, even if you are having orthodontic work done. If you’re teeth grinding with braces, you can remold the device to your teeth each time your bite changes. Custom-fit nightguards are better at staying in place all night and at protecting your teeth consistently over time. The cushion provided by the VistaMaxx material keeps your teeth from making contact, mitigating the effects detailed above.
To help alleviate the serious effects of teeth grinding, you can’t do better than choosing a CustMbite Nightguard. Our guards are made for your comfort, ease of use, and protection. Plus, VistaMaxx does not absorb bacteria, so your sleep mouthguard will remain clear and odor-free. Try our own All Natural Oral Appliance Cleaner for quick and effective results on your nightguard, retainer, or any other oral appliance. To get the best customized nightguard for teeth grinding today, order online and see the difference CustMbite makes!