smile and comfort in mind
If you suffer from bruxism, a condition that causes you to grind or clench your teeth, or TMJ disorder, you need a sleep bite guard. This kind of nightguard keeps your teeth from being able to bite together so you can’t grind, clench, or gnash them. A sleep bite guard doesn’t cure bruxism or TMJ disorder—there is no known cure for bruxism and it takes surgery to even potentially cure TMJ disorder—but using a quality nightguard like our CustMbite Nightguard can help mitigate the painful effects caused by these conditions.
If you’re used to being awakened in the middle of the night by pain in your jaw, face, neck, or ear due to bruxism or TMJ disorder, the CustMbite Nightguard could be the best thing to happen to your sleep quality. In addition to using a nightguard, you can practice various bedtime practices to help ease any anxiety or frustration that you’re feeling. Because teeth grinding and clenching are linked with stress, anger, and frustration, fully relaxing before you go to bed could help ease the tension and help your sleep bite guard work its best.
BEDTIME ROUTINES FOR RELAXATION
- If you have a hard time getting going in the morning, do as much of your morning tasks the night before. Lay out your clothes, pack your lunch, wash the dinner dishes, and make sure your keys are where they’re supposed to be. This can ease your mind and allow you to slip gently into sleep worry-free.
- Make a to-do list or write a journal entry. If you spend valuable energy worrying about tomorrow’s tasks as you’re trying to fall asleep, writing a to-do list can settle your mind. If you tend to run over the events of the day in your mind as you fall asleep, jot these things down in a journal for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut out caffeine at lunch time. If you must drink coffee or soda after lunch, go for the decaf.
- Get regular exercise, but not in the evening. If you like exercising before bed, stick to gentle activities like yoga, walking, or stretching.
- A regular meditation practice can help you relax both physically and mentally. Making this part of your bedtime routine can prepare you for sleeping soundly through the night.
- Play soothing music as you prepare for bed. This can trigger hormones that help improve your mood and as you feel more emotionally at peace, your body will also begin to relax.
- Avoid screens, whether your computer, phone, or TV, for an hour before bed. There are other things you can do to entertain yourself before bed such as reading, working on a puzzle, or having a good conversation with your partner or a close friend.
- Treat yourself to a luxurious hygiene ritual before bed, including time to scrub your face, take a relaxing shower, and brush your teeth well. Sliding into the sheets feeling clean and fresh can help you sleep more peacefully.
- Keep your room as dark as possible.
- Turn the thermostat down to about 65º, the perfect sleeping temperature.
- Run a ceiling fan or gentle oscillating fan to help keep your bedroom cool and to provide relaxing white noise as you sleep.
Experts agree that the best nightguard is one that is custom-fit to your teeth. This helps them feel more comfortable when you wear them and helps keep them in place while you sleep even if you’re a restless sleeper. The CustMbite Nightguard is made with our patented VistaMaxx material, which is designed to be custom-fit for your comfort and protection. The material is strong enough to stand up to your attempts to grind or clench your teeth night after night while being soft and flexible enough to be comfortable to wear every night. When you wear your sleep bite guard, you will be able to speak clearly, hydrate, and breathe easily.
The CustMbite Nightguard has been evaluated and cleared by the FDA and it is free of latex, PVC, phthalates, and BPA. You can trust that it is as safe as it is effective in preventing your teeth from grinding together. It doesn’t absorb saliva or bacteria, so it’s easy to clean—just rinse it with warm, soapy water every morning when you brush your teeth. You can also opt for the CustMbite All Natural Oral Appliance Cleaner, which offers spray-and-go convenience for all oral devices, from nightguards to retainers and more. If you have bruxism or TMJ disorder, relaxing before bed may help, but the best sleep bite guard, the CustMbite Nightguard, can take care of your teeth when the relaxation techniques fall short.
Whether it’s you or your child who has bruxism or TMJ disorder, the CustMbite Nightguard is the perfect choice. We even have a great product for you if it's partner who snores due to their teeth grinding (or for any other reason!). It comes in both regular and petite sizes, so there’s one for every mouth. It also comes in your choice of five different colors, just to make bedtime a little more fun. Order the best sleep night guard online today and see how much better you sleep.