Teeth Grinding During Sleep
If you’ve had sore teeth or sore face muscles when you wake up with no obvious cause, you may be grinding your teeth during your sleep. This can happen when you are especially stressed out or it can happen for no apparent reason. Another sign that you might be clenching your teeth during sleep is that you catch yourself grinding your teeth during the daytime. When you’re awake, you can stop yourself. When you’re asleep, you may need help mitigating the damage that could be done by grinding your teeth by wearing the CustMbite Nightguard.
There are a number of possible causes for grinding your teeth during sleep. Stress and anxiety are among the most common reasons, but studies have also shown that drinking caffeine at bedtime can cause nighttime teeth grinding. Chronic snoring and obstructive sleep apnea can cause teeth grinding as well.
You can help prevent damage to your teeth by using our tooth guard. Because stress is such a major cause of teeth grinding, experts agree that you can help alleviate tooth grinding at night by taking an hour to nurture yourself three to five days a week. It may seem impossible to find an hour, but if it’s important to your health, most people can fit it in. You might get up an hour earlier to spend time doing something you enjoy, or you might forego an hour of television to do something more relaxing. If you’re wondering what to do with a spare hour of time, continue reading. The list below suggests a variety of ideas for your special time with yourself.
10 Ways to Spend a Spare Hour
- Take a walk and enjoy nature. If you like, bring your dog. Otherwise, leave the dog at home and go by yourself.
- Pick up a book that you’ve been wanting to read. It can be a simple, pleasant book, or one that awakens new ideas for you to explore further.
- Prepare healthy lunches for the upcoming week so you don’t have to worry about it each day or turn to takeout.
- Start a journal. You could write about the events of the day and how you feel about them, use your journaling time to vent frustrations and leave them on the page, or create a world of your own.
- Begin a meditation practice. There are plenty of apps you can use to guide you in this relaxation technique.
- Go out to eat with a friend you haven’t seen for far too long and catch up on each other’s lives.
- Take a yoga class online or in person. This is another excellent form of relaxation and exercise.
- Go to the park and feed the birds.
- Turn off all electronics and sit in silence. Contemplate whatever you want, whether it’s planning your dream vacation or imagining what your future will look like.
- Make a scrapbook and fill it with meaningful pictures. Don’t forget to write about why they are meaningful so you’ll be able to recall the stories years in the future.
How does the CustMbite Nightguard work?
If you find that you’re still grinding your teeth during sleep, even with the extra time devoted to your choice endeavors, we have the best solution for you. The CustMbite Nightguard was engineered with the help of dental professionals for your dental protection. It’s made with our patented VistaMaxx material that is both strong enough to protect your teeth from grinding together and comfortable enough to wear all night, every night. You can even talk or drink while wearing it, so you can keep it in once you have put it in for the night.
Experts agree that a custom-fit tooth guard for teeth grinding is the best solution compared to a generic plastic tray. When you receive your CustMbite Nightguard, detailed instructions will be included on how you can quickly and easily mold it to your teeth in just a couple of minutes. If you are having orthodontic work done, you will be happy to know that you can remold the tooth guard as many times as you need to, each time your bite changes, until the work is finished. Whether you have braces or not, the CustMbite Nightguard can help to reduce the effects of your teeth grinding together and causing further dental or jaw pain.
Where can I get a CustMbite Nightguard?
The CustMbite Nightguard was developed for your personal comfort and protection against teeth grinding during sleep. It’s an affordable solution that doesn’t require an extra visit to the dentist or orthodontist. You can use it if you have braces or if you don’t. To see what a difference the CustMbite Nightguard can make, order the best tooth guard for grinding teeth online today!
Your comfort is our highest priority.
Sleep comfortably with CustMbite. Bruxism and TMJ disorder, both often caused by teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, can cause many problems, including jaw discomfort, headaches, and sleep disruption.
With CustMbite, you can rest assured knowing that our nightguard was created specifically with your comfort in mind. Our patented Vistamaxx™ material will provide a snug and secure fit to your teeth, so not only will they be protected from grinding and clenching, you'll also sleep comfortable every night.